• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Cobra Fins - Painting/Powdercoating & Engagement

I’m the guy with the Powdercoat it was textured black. Light texture I think it has smoothed out. I’ll take pictures today and post here it has held up well, salt water a week at a time In the Keys for 4 weeks and both salt and fresh water day trips. No problem at all. Just leave them all the way down all the time. When you kill the throttle and are slowing down this way you have steering. No problem at at all with the Cobras. Got a half hour? Call Jeff he will explain everything to you, get a drink and a nice chair he will not rush you off the phone he loves his products. I imagine he is like a mad scientist with these all around his house always tinkering with them. Nice guy and will do anything to help you with the steering on your boat. That is his personal number on the website, if it’s 8 at night and you need help putting it on he will walk you through it. He should teach customer service to everyone born after 1990.
Jim

If you don’t mind, what are you getting it for?
$27k. Right in the middle of NADA, so I think it is a fair price given its condition and reasonably low hours. Needs a few things as expected for a used boat. How long have you had your X?

I can't speak to the rustoleum v. powder coating question but as for the Cobra Jet Fins, the fangs are not adjustable at all but the main fins are fully adjustable, meaning you can have them always in the water or retract at speed and the depth they are in the water is also adjustable. I have mine set to stay in the water all the time. I have experimented with different settings in the past but found for my boating always in is best, plus I don't want to go through the effort of adjusting them most of the time. It's easy to do when the boat is on the trailer (two wrenches and a few small nuts and bolts) but I don't like to do so when the boat is in the water.
Thanks for the insight Ronnie. I will probably set them to always down and go enjoy the ride. Now all I need is to get the boat home so we can get back out on the lake!!

I’m the guy with the Powdercoat it was textured black. Light texture I think it has smoothed out. I’ll take pictures today and post here it has held up well, salt water a week at a time In the Keys for 4 weeks and both salt and fresh water day trips. No problem at all. Just leave them all the way down all the time. When you kill the throttle and are slowing down this way you have steering. No problem at at all with the Cobras. Got a half hour? Call Jeff he will explain everything to you, get a drink and a nice chair he will not rush you off the phone he loves his products. I imagine he is like a mad scientist with these all around his house always tinkering with them. Nice guy and will do anything to help you with the steering on your boat. That is his personal number on the website, if it’s 8 at night and you need help putting it on he will walk you through it. He should teach customer service to everyone born after 1990.
Jim
That is good to hear. If I do something, it will probably be powder coat, but the flip side that Jeff and others point out is that you never really see them but for when the boat is on the trailer. And not like it helps performance either. I may just put them on and enjoy the ride. I’ll have to see how it hits me once I get them in hand. Thanks!!

Read this thread and painted them.

CJS Viper NK with top fangs painted with spray Rustoleum combination paint and primer. 2 coats.

Attachments

• E5B4CE28-05C9-41F0-B0D2-C17160DB1BAC.jpeg
    E5B4CE28-05C9-41F0-B0D2-C17160DB1BAC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 675C83F8-5B67-48FF-9C75-A95EACC5A782.jpeg
    675C83F8-5B67-48FF-9C75-A95EACC5A782.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
Remember you need thread lock on the bottom nozzle bolt when you put it back on the boat

Back