• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet fins on a 2022 212

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I have been using the new boat several hours without the fin, and frankly I was going to hold off. Last week I saw someone on a Facebook offer the super magnum ak-19 deluxe set for a great price so I jumped on them. I have to say they certainly make a very nice noticeable difference. I definitely feel more in control at low speed in addition it was quite choppy out and the boat handled much better. If you were thinking about doing them, I would recommend them 1000%... I went from a 2008 212X, to a 2022 212 and the articulating keel was a very welcome addition, but adding the fins on top was even better than expected. Hope this helps anyone who was contemplating the upgrade, definitely worth the price!

Last edited:

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I also have a 2022 212S. I put 9 hrs on it in Miami (I towed it down there for a week vacation) and I wasn't impressed at all with the directional stability in any speed. I did own a 2014 242 LS with thrust vectors but this time after reading some reviews I wanted to try the Cobra. I just got off the phone with Jeff at Cobra. I was impressed the man live and breath his product. I ordered the super magnum AK -19 deluxe twin system. It will take me a minute and a half before installing and testing since I am in NJ and waiting on the season to start but looking forward to feel the difference and have high hopes especially after hearing Jeff giving me his technical explanation for his product. I will report back when I have experience with the new fins for better or worse.

fubar79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info Seno and Hezi. I've been on the fence in regards to this upgrade with our new to us 2015 SS, so I might have to order them sooner then later. The exchange rate, shipping and duty will not be kind to my wallet though, for this Canadian boater. Cheers.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just a heads up, IF my new web site ever gets up and running The price structure for most of the systems I offer have been scheduled to increase since I have been dealing with a lot of cost increases that I just absorbed for quite a while.
I am also having a few issues obtaining some of my parts however I try to keep that under control by having inventory on hand and hopefully I can get restocked in time.

Commadore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I recently installed the Cobra Jet fins on my 2015 212X. The boat was previously unsteerable at slow speeds. As soon as you cut the power down, it would just start sliding in a circle with no tracking at all. After the fins, I'd say it's about 80% of the steering control of an outboard. A great upgrade, well worth the price, and easy to do.