• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet Steering Install Video for Yamaha Twin Engine Boats 2019 or Newer

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Surprisingly I couldn't find any good videos out there on installing the Cobra Jet fins. So I recorded myself doing it last weekend and put together a video that will hopefully help others. This video should be helpful for anyone with a 2019 or newer Yamaha twin engine boat, who wants to align their nozzles and put on the Cobra jet fins and new tie rod. The kit I'm installing is the Cobra Super Magnum AK-19 Deluxe.

Hope this helps other people about to install their fins or debating whether or not to do it. The install is overall pretty easy.

AncientCanoe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed these on a 2019 AR210 last week. I put the bolt through the higher hole on the top fins. I didn't see it in the instructions and I figured that put the top fins lower in the water, but looking at them they'd be out of the water at speed regardless and probably fully in water at low speeds regardless. Is that top hole for something else?

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed these on a 2019 AR210 last week. I put the bolt through the higher hole on the top fins. I didn't see it in the instructions and I figured that put the top fins lower in the water, but looking at them they'd be out of the water at speed regardless and probably fully in water at low speeds regardless. Is that top hole for something else?
Yeah I don't know that it makes a whole lot of difference for those top fins between the 2 positions.

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you for the video. I am surprised there are not other video's out there. I just got a system coming for my boat. But mine is a 2017. I hope this video will help me on my way for the install. I wish there were step-by-step video's for Cobra like Will has for his Thrust Vectors.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe he sends you complete install info in a email along with his phone number at home and his direct email address and he instructs you to send pictures when you finished the install so he can review it personally and make sure it is correct also the proper setting for the top fin lower hole for highest fin position is on the email and pictures showing the bolt position with the nylock nuts on the outside of the fin not the inside. Also the color version of the install instructions is in the email as well. He also tells you how to be sure your nozzles and rudder are aligned properly for the super steering systems .

Last edited: