• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cockpit LED lighting in SX190

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When we saw this 2016 SX190 at the Saint Louis boat show this year we thought the bright blue LED lighting looked pretty cool:

upload_2016-4-4_22-38-37.png

So, I decided to copy it... Here is what I came up with:

upload_2016-4-4_22-58-39.png

I don't have a daylight pic, but it looks the same as the one at the boat show, these LEDs are very bright. I believe the LEDs I used are the same as @Danielmailin in his FSH (thank you for posting your install), except mine are blue. All 8 strips come to use about 1.5Amps and I have them wired on the courtesy light circuit (in parallel) with a 5A fuse. Took hours of crawling and soldering, but I have to say it came out kind of nice :D.

--

Last edited:

georgia8

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What brand of light did you use and where did you purchase it?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Exactly the look I want. Might not be this year though. To much to do and the season is coming fast.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
They look nice! They are the same, I installed them 3 months ago, and after being out in the ocean and exposed to salt water and rain, they work as good as the first day. I did seal them with with thin layer of silicone before installing them.
The only complaint I have is that they are very brigth! I'm thinking of installing a dimmer switch for the courtesy light switch to dim them down
Screenshot_2016-04-07-18-39-47.png

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Danielmailin Thanks for an excellent suggestion with these light strips, these are indeed very bright, one can use them in daylight and still see the color.

BTW - dealer installed option for similar kind of interior lighting runs around $500. Which may seem like a lot, unless you consider:
1. the time it takes to install these damn things...
2. the price of pulling fiberglass shreds from you extremities for days after install... :p

I may be slow, but it took me two weekends to finish this up, and I feel like I worked somewhat hard...

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone,
I'm bumping this old thread to find out what lights people have purchased lately for their cockpit LED projects? The link in this thread is no longer working. There are so many available on Amazon and ebay that it's hard to know what to get. I'd prefer precut lights so I don't have to solder if possible. I'm trying to line up all my potential projects in case I end up stuck at home for who knows how long. Does anyone have any links?
Thanks in advance!

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey everyone,
I'm bumping this old thread to find out what lights people have purchased lately for their cockpit LED projects? The link in this thread is no longer working. There are so many available on Amazon and ebay that it's hard to know what to get. I'd prefer precut lights so I don't have to solder if possible. I'm trying to line up all my potential projects in case I end up stuck at home for who knows how long. Does anyone have any links?
Thanks in advance!
I intend to use these:

OPT7 Aura PRO Bluetooth 4pc LED Lighting Kit for Boat | 24" Multi-Color Strips w/SoundSync-Waterproof Peel'n'Stick Front Grill Valence-App Enabled-iOS & Android Amazon.com: OPT7 Aura PRO Bluetooth 4pc LED Lighting Kit for Boat | 24" Multi-Color Strips w/SoundSync-Waterproof Peel'n'Stick Front Grill Valence-App Enabled-iOS & Android: Automotive

bought but not yet installed as boat is still sleeping in storage.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When we saw this 2016 SX190 at the Saint Louis boat show this year we thought the bright blue LED lighting looked pretty cool:

View attachment 35272

So, I decided to copy it... Here is what I came up with:

View attachment 35274

I don't have a daylight pic, but it looks the same as the one at the boat show, these LEDs are very bright. I believe the LEDs I used are the same as @Danielmailin in his FSH (thank you for posting your install), except mine are blue. All 8 strips come to use about 1.5Amps and I have them wired on the courtesy light circuit (in parallel) with a 5A fuse. Took hours of crawling and soldering, but I have to say it came out kind of nice :D.

--
I like it! I’m fixing to do this to my 16 AR190
Have all the parts. Just waiting to build the confidence. never been a big fan of electrical. I appreciate the info.

jryan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool project! I'm a big fan of lighting and was previously looking at speakers for my boat that had the LED lighting (which actually quite limited my speaker search). Going this route will open up my speaker options quite a bit. If anyone installs with the OPT7 Kit please post pics. I like the kit but the 4pcs seems like it won't go that far.
I'm looking at this set (same brand, smaller strips and more of them). Amazon.com: 14pc OPT7 AURA PRO Motorcycle LED Light Kit Bluetooth | Multi-Color Accent Glow Neon Strips Atmosphere Light w/Switch for Harley Davidson Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Ducati BMW: Automotive