• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Combo trailer has arrived, plan to take over the world, nearly complete.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Came home last week with this unit and over Memorial Day weekend transferred the boats over. Needs some fine tuning but thought I'd share how it's coming together in the meantime.
Stats: Trailer is 37' long, weighs 2k pounds, has two 6k pound torsion flex marine axles with electric brakes on all 4, all LED lighting, everything submersible while plugged in. Has 2' removable tongue, electric jack, tool box, and twin 5 gal fuel can rack behind the toolbox. The torsion flex axles are a HUGE improvement over the bouncy spring axles. Similar to independent vs. solid axle ride on a car.
Changes needed: Large ski moved 10" forward to move boat 8" forward. Otherwise, ready to roll. Tows like a dream compared to that squeaky rattle trap Shorelandr. By the way, I have a Shorelandr for sale! lol
View media item 4688View media item 4687

Last edited:

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Impressive!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice!

What's in front of the trailer? 3500 class something or the other?

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Came home last week with this unit and over Memorial Day weekend transferred the boats over. Needs some fine tuning but thought I'd share how it's coming together in the meantime.
Stats: Trailer is 37' long, weighs 2k pounds, has two 6k pound torsion flex marine axles with electric brakes on all 4, all LED lighting, everything submersible while plugged in. Has 2' removable tongue, electric jack, tool box, and twin 5 gal fuel can rack behind the toolbox. The torsion flex axles are a HUGE improvement over the bouncy spring axles. Similar to independent vs. solid axle ride on a car.
Changes needed: Large ski moved 10" forward to move boat 8" forward. Otherwise, ready to roll. Tows like a dream compared to that squeaky rattle trap Shorelandr. By the way, I have a Shorelandr for sale! lol
View media item 4688View media item 4687
Have you put it on the scales yet? Curious what it weighs....

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice!

What's in front of the trailer? 3500 class something or the other?
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel brought it home, but it was maxed out. Stopped VERY well, got up to speed fine, but it's just too much trailer for that TV. We are thinking of an F-150 at this point. Wife misses her 1500 RAM and all the room inside anyway so...
In the meantime when we are only towing this trailer, I will use my truck:
View media item 4689

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you put it on the scales yet? Curious what it weighs....
Not yet, and I am as well.
I have a tongue scale ordered to see what the tongue weight will be. But I'd like to know overall weight and left to right weights as well.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm afraid to ask what a trailer like that would even cost.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm afraid to ask what a trailer like that would even cost.
Your instincts are good. I tried to get one locally and it would have cost me north of $11k (600 mile drive to get it.)
So instead I found one builder willing to custom build it for $7.5k (with a 2500 mile drive to collect it.)
Either way, not cheap. But our lakes are 2 hours away and driving two trucks every time was not $-wise either. So it will pay for itself within a few 3-4 years (fuel, tires, maint, etc..)

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not yet, and I am as well.
I have a tongue scale ordered to see what the tongue weight will be. But I'd like to know overall weight and left to right weights as well.
Take it to the local CAT semi scales. They can give you front vs rear weights for $19. You'll just have to unhook to get your TV out of the equation.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take it to the local CAT semi scales. They can give you front vs rear weights for $19. You'll just have to unhook to get your TV out of the equation.
Great idea, we have one about 20 minutes away. Once I get the boats exactly where I want them, I'll weigh her.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rsg1963 Thanks for the info. I'll be drafting a PM to you here shortly. A Jeep GC EcoDiesel in on my short list of vehicles I'm looking at.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very impressive. I assume your ramp is big enough to handle the custom trailer length as I imagine you have to sink it all the way to the Pwc bunks to launch and recover the pwcs. Some of the Ramps I use are clearly length limited and marked as to where they end (sometimes in a drop off).

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good Looking Doberman! I have one too.

Nice trailer as well. Is your Shorlander Galvanized?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very impressive. I assume your ramp is big enough to handle the custom trailer length as I imagine you have to sink it all the way to the Pwc bunks to launch and recover the pwcs. Some of the Ramps I use are clearly length limited and marked as to where they end (sometimes in a drop off).
Yes, that would be an issue, but due to the drought issues here in Cali, most of the lakes we visit have asphalt/concrete ramps, then another set of ramps under those, then another set, and so on. lol
And at our favorite lake we just launch from the shore where we day camp and there is no drop off at all.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good Looking Doberman! I have one too.

Nice trailer as well. Is your Shorlander Galvanized?
Thanks, she's our first Doberman and we are in love. What personalities they have. Very unique smart breed. I had a cattle dog previously and thought she was the smart one, but this girl, oh man, that brain. Not fun as a puppy but loving it now. hahahaha
As far as the trailer: No, it's the painted black type. We only Lake-Boat so we never considered the Galv units.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love it. Its an awsome setup

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sometimes feel challenged navigating gas stations when towing our travel trailer. I can't imagine positioning for a fill-up of the tow vehicle skis and boat at the pumps. Very cool trailer...more of a toy hauler than a toy hauler!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am jealous man! sweet setup!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@rsg1963 I think our avatars are a good proxy for the differences on our our towing set up.:D Is your old trailer a galvanized one? I might need one, once I dip my painted trailer on salt water on July 10th.

BTW. this is what my last mod looks like. Thank you for the link.:thumbsup:

Attachments

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rsg1963 I think our avatars are a good proxy for the differences on our our towing set up.:D Is your old trailer a galvanized one? I might need one, once I dip my painted trailer on salt water on July 10th.

BTW. this is what my last mod looks like. Thank you for the link.:thumbsup:
Love the avatar comment! We only boat in lakes so salt was never an issue for us. Spray all exposed unpainted areas of the trailer with protectant, and then rinse the heck out of that trailer right after dipping and you should get some extra time out of her before she melts. lol