• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Communication Error Engine

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The problem is that the red boot was on the black cable. I bet it had fallen off at some point and was put back on the wrong cable by mistake.
I was about to say you have a ground on the positive post...that explains it. You're lucky you didn't damage anything with the ground on the wrong side. Check all your fuses to make sure something didn't pop - don't want to get stranded anywhere.

NSpradley

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was about to say you have a ground on the positive post...that explains it. You're lucky you didn't damage anything with the ground on the wrong side. Check all your fuses to make sure something didn't pop - don't want to get stranded anywhere.
Yeah this was my thought as well. All my electronics seem good. I will triple check them next time it is in the water before I head out.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I can attest that there are 3 grounds, at least on the 2019 ar195.

Comm error and no start= missing starter /engine ground.

Blower, bilge pump and depth sounder = ground 1

Radio, lights, horn, dash illumination = ground 2

I was just finishing the install of the mini add a battery kit when I myself witness the communication error.

Found this guy way in the back of the compartment....

20210426_190700.jpg

I think I'll setup a terminal strip to clean up the negative posts and make it a one wire connection.