• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Comp wakeboarding vest. Yay or nay

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For those that wakeboard, what are y'alls thoughts on Comp vests? The non coast guard approved ones. Aside from the legality of it, which will vary between states, I've heard they are not that buoyant.

A good segmented neoprene vest is comfortable, thin, and coast guard approved. What's the point of a competition vest other than impact protection. May as well stay legal.

Those of us with dad bods, want a four buckle just to help suck it in. HA!

Last edited:
We use body glove or hyper lite vest. Just like the one you have in your profile. I find them to be very comfortable and it will float.

We use body glove or hyper lite vest. Just like the one you have in your profile. I find them to be very comfortable and it will float.
Yeah, the HL vests are nice. We have a bunch of them. I think I'll stick with those. Thanks folks

+1 for both HL and Body Glove.

I have a comp vest by Ronix, it looks great
But if I just want to float it’s the last vest on my list. It’s thin and doesn’t provide more but less impact protection. I have over 40 coast guard approved neoprene vests for the reasons above.

I have a comp vest by Ronix, it looks great
But if I just want to float it’s the last vest on my list. It’s thin and doesn’t provide more but less impact protection. I have over 40 coast guard approved neoprene vests for the reasons above.
Ronnie, you have always been a level-headed guy, what was the purpose of the comp vest then?

I picked up this one recently. I find it to be a good balance between the comp vest and some other standard ones. I got it for around $70 open box like new.

O'Neill Men's Assault USCG Life Vest https://a.co/d/7UgbqoA

Ronnie, you have always been a level-headed guy, what was the purpose of the comp vest then?
My wife and I used to buy a new vest for ourselves every year. Normally we just changed colors or increased the size. The year I bought the comp vest I wanted it because it not only looked good (acts like a girdle or spanks) but it’s also thinner / less bulky so it’s easier to move around in / move my arms around in it. As a flotation device it’s better than a throwable donut but not as good as a common keyhole vest. My wife bought a conventional ronix vest and it’s still in use. I got the comp vest and rarely even put it on the boat. If I get stopped and am subject to a vest count this vest won’t count.

Back