• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Compatibility RTs with original CJs

M@D-M@X

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 07' AR230 with original CJ steering units and I need to know if the RTs can be installed with the CJs.
The original CJs are smaller than the current units and are dual fins per nozzle.

I tried searching but the only threads that popped up were fir the newer CJ models.

Thx.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know what RT's are,

your best bet with anything fin related is to go straight to the source,
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and buy some cobra plug locks, it cheap insurance

M@D-M@X

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know what RT's are,

your best bet with anything fin related is to go straight to the source,
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC
Sorry... I meant to say LT's (reverse steering)..
I did contacted one of the above but, my question wasn't answered.
I understand that Cobra Jet Steering & Jet Boat Pilot are both 2 different businesses and I understand why my question wasn't answered. This is why I was looking more for a 3rd. party response.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have an 07' AR230 with original CJ steering units and I need to know if the RTs can be installed with the CJs.
The original CJs are smaller than the current units and are dual fins per nozzle.

I tried searching but the only threads that popped up were fir the newer CJ models.

Thx.
you mean lateral thrusters?? I do make an alternate side force stabilizer for the old style fins to allow people to add those but I also make mega fang plus to upgrade the old style reverse nozzles so you get improved stopping and backing POWER as well as a mild power steering effect at speed. These give you a lot more reverse steering and also help at slow speeds in forward and more. The set for a twin engine with the super ultimate steering or the early ultimate steering is only $169.99 if you don't need the updated side force stabilizers if you do it is $220 for the pair. As for the older stainless steel fins no nothing that is produced but I do recall telling you that you may be able to add the AK fangs to the front of the early fins if you drill a couple of holes in the fins to mount them. You would be extending the leading edge of the fins on the outside of the nozzles just like some of the newer sets do when they add them.1689622474551.jpeg That is only 45 dollars for a pair of ak fangs that could be mounted inside or out side using 1 per nozzle. .1689622868870.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

M@D-M@X

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you mean lateral thrusters?? I do make an alternate side force stabilizer for the old style fins to allow people to add those but I also make mega fang plus to upgrade the old style reverse nozzles so you get improved stopping and backing POWER as well as a mild power steering effect at speed. These give you a lot more reverse steering and also help at slow speeds in forward and more. The set for a twin engine with the super ultimate steering or the early ultimate steering is only $169.99 if you don't need the updated side force stab9ilizers if you do it is $220 for the pair.
Thanks Jeff.
I'm familiar with your products since I emailed you last week.
My question is though; Do the lateral thrusters work with the original CJ steering?

Thx.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks Jeff.
I'm familiar with your products since I emailed you last week.
My question is though; Do the lateral thrusters work with the original CJ steering?

Thx.
[/QUOTE ok the answer is NO!