• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

complete carpet removal under the seats

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm contemplating removing the carpet from under my seats, at least in the front for sure and possibly in the back too. Anyone have any experience with this? Did you replace it with anything?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, but watching...

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the purpose for this? There is a lot of raw unfinished fiberglass under the carpet... plan on getting plenty of splinters every time you go to retrieve anything out of there...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many of the cupholders drain directly onto this carpet. The purpose would be to re-finish it with something that would be a little more wet-tolerant and would dry better (at least to my viewpoint). But I have no idea what that would be and probably would not want to spend so much as to put SeaDek or something in there. So I am watching...

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Every time I do a sub move, store a wet anchor or slalom ski under the front seat the carpet gets wet and when I'm using the boat consecutive days it never gets a chance to dry out even though I keep air flowing through it. Some boats have smooth fiberglass there instead of carpet.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone ever follow up with this project?
Best option IMO is to either plug the cup holders like many do so they don’t pour water into the carpeted storage or you can buy the tubing and run your drains for each cup holder down to the bilge. Either of those options would be easier and cheaper than replacing carpet with something else.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t put wet stuff anywhere there is carpet. Good way to get “the funk”.

Onnieray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Anyone ever do this? Remove the carpet? I want to remove at least carpet from helm storage area and use something like this

Any thoughts?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Consider SeaDek... SeaDek Kits

That's the one I did. Love it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only the exposed ones (like on top of the head compartment, under the very forward part of the bow seats, at the helm, etc.), but I think I have seen some who have... Still, I would consider it. It has lasted in high traffic areas on my boat for some time just fine and has proved pretty resilient to ... abuse. Seems to me like it would be ideal.