• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

COMPLETED - 2016 SX190 Grill Install

ClemsonSX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Guys:
I know there are couple great posts on grill installs on all Yamaha models, but I could not find one that was specifically for an SX190. (if there is, I am sorry....must have not looked hard enough) After reviewing the different posts and different installation options, I derived my own way of putting a grill on an SX190. Hope this is helpful. (if not, sorry)

Couple of things I wanted form this install:
1. Removable
2. Sturdy
3. Enough grilling space to feed my 5 and more.

Pulling ideas from all the posts, here is the list of materials I used. I accomplished this for $237, which way cheaper than a Magma grill plus all the table parts from Yamaha.

(1) Camco Olympian 4500 Series Grill - $145. Link FYI, this grill does not have an ignitor button. I chose this because of all the issues folks were have with these small grills and the ignitor.
(1) Magma T10-355 Fishing Rod Holder Grill Mount - $65 Link
(1) Amarine-made Stainless Steel Slide Mount Removable Fishing Rod Holder - $23 Link
(6) Bolts, Washers and Nuts ( from Home Depot) - $3
(1) 1/2 thick Cutting Board
(as used in this post by @JAUGA82) - $1 Dollar Store

I preface this mod by saying I am not responsible for any damages that this may potentially cause to your boat. This is at your own risk.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, here is what i did. This worked well in my case as I got a much larger grill than the standard Magma, so it may can be applied to other brands and sizes of grills. I have tried to make this a simple as possible, but if you have any questions, please post.

1. Measure and cut the cutting board to the size need for the bottom of the grill, where you want to mount the Magma mount.

1.jpgFigure 2.jpg

2) Drill the mounting holes for the grill...not the mount. Test your bolts to see if they line up, size and such.
Figure 2.jpg Figure 3.jpg

3) Measure and mark holes for the mount. Make sure you have the orientation of the mount in which you need. Meaning do you want the grill to tilt forward or to the side.......this will come in to play on where YOU decide to install your grill on your boat. I mounted fine so the mount would adjust Front to Back.
Figure 4.jpg

4) Next feed the bolts from the underside of the cutting board. So, the bolt heads should be pointing to the back of the grill. Once you have done that Re-place your grill mount bolts and install.
Figure 5.jpg Figure 6.jpg

Now comes the scary part (at least for me...)...

5) Find the optimal location on the boat where you would like to install the removable pole mount and bracket. I put it on the lower platform, on a flat surface and with access to through the wet storage. just in case my locking compound gets old over time, I can tighten bolts if need be. Make sure where ever you install it, where you drill....you will not drill anything else other than fiberglass (IE..hoses, wires, etc.)
Figure 7.jpg Figure 8.jpg

6) Slide the fishing rod holder in. Make sure the bolts are good and tight. I used Loctite on the back side bolts inside and under the wet storage. I will come back and put some silicone sealant, just to make sure of no leaks. When sliding the Grill and mount in, make sure to twist. This fishing pole mount comes with the teeth grooves that locks the magma mount pole into place.
Figure 9.jpg Figure 10.jpg

7). Enjoy and get fat....on the lake of course.
final install.jpg

Let me know what you think. Improvements are welcome.

Attachments

• Figure 3.jpg
    Figure 3.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 11
Awesome! This is something I always wanted on my boat.

Looks great. Did you use a backer plate behind the fiberglass?

Looks great. Did you use a backer plate behind the fiberglass?
No not initially, but I actually was thinking about that last night. I think that may be a good idea to provided some more stability. I see another trip to Home Depot coming to see what they have. : )

I know this is older post but. This is Awesome!! Something I definitely want to look into. Thanks

Back