• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Concerned with dual battery readings on AR240

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally got a chance to get out our boat yesterday and found the same results as you when I tested the batteries. Mine seems to be showing the voltage of the house battery for both on the Connext Screen.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I dropped off the boat at the dealer for the 10 hour service and some other minor stuff. Explained all my finds go to the mechanic about the battery readings and he said he would speak to yamaha about it and see what they can do. Hopefully they can do something.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the dealer spoke with Yamaha and they said that's the ways its designed. So basically they are saying they designed it wrong and aren't willing to fix it. Not happy with Yamaha's response on this matter. Actually an attorney said this would be enough cause to get Yamaha to take the boat back as it is something that could potentially leave us stranded somewhere if the starting battery died and we could be put in harms way if we were offshore somewhere. I have a few attorneys in the family so that's how I found out so easily. I would prefer for Yamaha to admit its wrong and fix it though.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any updates on this battery issue? I find it odd that I have to leave both batteries on to use the connext system? If I turn the starter battery off the screen shuts off...

Any help would be great.

Vincey2kr1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did this ever get fixed? 2018 ar240 and both house and aux show the same voltage and drain the same with yellow switch to off.