• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext battery fix

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anybody know if the 2019 models need the connext battery fix, or did the factory correct that problem, finally?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The battery voltage display fix, I mean.

Didn’t the older models read the same battery voltage for both displays in connext, or something like that.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Assuming I'm remembering the right issue, I have that on my list of things to run through with the dealer before I pick up mine. I'll be stopping out there this week or next to drop off my MC numbers as well as a stoltz bow roller and will mention it then. Maybe they'll have a 2019 without the shipping cover on it that I can see/test firsthand. Mine is under cover until they bring it in to do the pump out head install and various prep. If the factory didn't fix it, I'll expect that they will. No point in having dual voltage readouts if they're both reading only house (OR only starter for that matter). Will definitely report back assuming no one else has confirmed before.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome, thanks! Yes, that’s the issue I was thinking of. And @Mainah diagnosed the fix, if I remember right.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome, thanks! Yes, that’s the issue I was thinking of. And @Mainah diagnosed the fix, if I remember right.
If in doubt I would disconnect a battery and see if you still get a reading (other than zero/error) on the Connext screen (if you get the reading for both batteries with one disconnected - you will know it can;t be right).

It used to show the same (aux?) voltage for both batteries.

Presumably, it's been fixed already for 2018s, but I'm not sure about it.

--

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Stopped out at the dealer today, but the only 2019s that were out from under the shipping covers were apparently at the latest boat show, so I wasn't able to test firsthand today unfortunately. I will for sure either have them check it when they bring my boat in for install/prep before I pick it up, or I will check it myself before I bring it to my marina. Either way, I should have an answer in the next few weeks if no one else does.

Asked the service folks about the issue and they weren't familiar with it and "hadn't gotten anything from Yamaha on it". :rolleyes:
Of course they'll be familiar with it soon if I find it on mine!

Propless

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Assuming I'm remembering the right issue, I have that on my list of things to run through with the dealer before I pick up mine. I'll be stopping out there this week or next to drop off my MC numbers as well as a stoltz bow roller and will mention it then. Maybe they'll have a 2019 without the shipping cover on it that I can see/test firsthand. Mine is under cover until they bring it in to do the pump out head install and various prep. If the factory didn't fix it, I'll expect that they will. No point in having dual voltage readouts if they're both reading only house (OR only starter for that matter). Will definitely report back assuming no one else has confirmed before.
My 2019 shows both the house and starter battery voltage correctly.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2018 shows the same voltage. I've been aware of this, but it hasn't been a top project for me.

If in doubt I would disconnect a battery and see if you still get a reading (other than zero/error) on the Connext screen (if you get the reading for both batteries with one disconnected - you will know it can;t be right).

It used to show the same (aux?) voltage for both batteries.

Presumably, it's been fixed already for 2018s, but I'm not sure about it.

--

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Fingers crossed they've taken care of this issue across the board then for 2019 forward! I'll be picking mine up on 4/12 if the weather is reasonable, otherwise will have to adjust the date slightly.. Will be one of the first things I check!

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just picked up my 2019 today and it appears to be functioning correctly. Tested batteries with a multimeter and viewed the connext screen. The direct read was appx 12.5 house and 12.2 sys/starter, and the connext screen read 12.7 and 12.4. Not sure if the lower direct read had something to do with my multimeter or maybe something particular to the connext system, but at least the boat appears to be reading its batteries independently.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m picking mine up on Wed. Can’t wait!! :)

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2018 shows the same voltage. I've been aware of this, but it hasn't been a top project for me.
Finally got around to fixing mine today. The voltage sense wire is integrated into the house battery cable on mine. Rather than cut and splice or go through the histrionics of changing spu wires and all that involves, I just swapped house B+ cable for start B+ cable on the cutoff switches. Switches still work as the they should, meaning when you turn off the house switch, it shuts down house supply and the start switch does the same for that circuit. And now my voltages read correctly on Connext and my harness isn't all hacked up

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Some here have expressed confidence that the inaccurate voltage display on prior model year Connext ( same aux and start) was fixed on the newer , 2018 /19 Connext 12"screens ? I am starting to have my doubts ? I am running two , almost new Optima Blue tops in 19 242 LSE. I start the boat after having both batteries on my 2 bank charger for several days . 14.3 volts on both batteries in running mode. GREAT !! We then get to our swimming spot and I stop both engines but leave the key on. Both batteries drop to between 12.7 and 12.9 in float mode. No problem there BUT they always agree with each other ? When one drops from 12.9 to 12.8 the other display is updated immediately to match ? Then we pull anchor , I start both engines and you can watch Connext rise to 13.0 , 13.1 .13.2 , etc. BUT they climb at exactly the same rate according to the screen ? I thought the DVSR regulated only one battery being recharged at a time ?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some here have expressed confidence that the inaccurate voltage display on prior model year Connext ( same aux and start) was fixed on the newer , 2018 /19 Connext 12"screens ? I am starting to have my doubts ? I am running two , almost new Optima Blue tops in 19 242 LSE. I start the boat after having both batteries on my 2 bank charger for several days . 14.3 volts on both batteries in running mode. GREAT !! We then get to our swimming spot and I stop both engines but leave the key on. Both batteries drop to between 12.7 and 12.9 in float mode. No problem there BUT they always agree with each other ? When one drops from 12.9 to 12.8 the other display is updated immediately to match ? Then we pull anchor , I start both engines and you can watch Connext rise to 13.0 , 13.1 .13.2 , etc. BUT they climb at exactly the same rate according to the screen ? I thought the DVSR regulated only one battery being recharged at a time ?
I think the only way to know for sure is to disconnect a battery and watch the voltage. If there is continuity they will both be showing the same voltage with one battery completely disconnected, that's what I had.

--