• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Connext bluetooth weird problems 2016 242 se

Jongottschalk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have of course searched threads and no of the issues but can't seem to find anyone with similar issue. Bought the boat this Spring and first couple of times out no issues. Then I noticed my bluetooth would disconnect and at first thought it was my phone but have pin pointed it to when I throttle down my bluetooth disconnects. Not sure if it is harmonics or something going on with voltage etc but boat is running and showing 14.3 on both batteries underway and 12.3 after parked for a while.

I also have noticed my touch screen I can't touch in the middle of the screen and calibrated and actually made it worse. At the same time the BT started acting up I started getting ER flashing every 3-4 seconds on speedometer. Control launch and GPS pass works well once in a while but most the time throttle is blipping off everytime ER comes up. I know these issues from reading may be tachs, GPS module, or display itself but find it odd the bluetooth and all this happened on my 3rd outing and tend to think it is probably display.

THe other issue I noticed is gauges are fogging up once boat is warmed up and out for a while. I am going to pull them and drill some holes to vent it quicker but really hoping someone has seen the exact same issue so can pin point where the problem is.

THe other issue I noticed is gauges are fogging up once boat is warmed up and out for a while. I am going to pull them and drill some holes to vent it quicker but really hoping someone has seen the exact same issue so can pin point where the problem is.
Search for gauge issues fixes replacements, etc. The gauges are sealed but if they fog then the seal is letting in moisture which can screw with the electrical circuits inside the gauges and cause various other issues.

the port tach gauge on my boat started fogging and then caused lots of errors on the Connext screen. The dealer thought the problem was the Connext but it was really the port tach gauge. Once that was changed, all the errors went away.

The rear remote on the swim deck could be causing problems as well they are not rated to be submerged in water and will fail. Try to troubleshoot it by disconnecting the din plug on the Polk unit under the port seat this will knock the stereo out but see if that eliminates the ER issue. The remote could be throwing a bad ground to the canbus that’s tied together with everything else.

Back