• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext clock reads "0"

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
2021 252XE. Connext clock starts our fine but reads "0" or "0:00" after a while. Full battery disconnect and reboot gets it working again but I don't want it to leave it be as it might be a symptom of a larger issue. The rest of the system and screen work just fine for now. The system has had several glitches including this in the past but after a warranty service the dealer said a grounding fix solved the problem. Because the other glitches were random (clock, push button start, F/N/R stuck, steering error) and didn't seem related other than electrically, a grounding fix made sense. Has anyone had similar clock issues? what was the fix?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Mine does this time to time. Doubt it will ever get fixed. Dealer will say it works fine.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I saw that on Saturday. I touched the numbers, selected 24 hour vs. 12 hour, and backed out. The time was once again displayed on the screen.

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This happens every night on my boat at 8PM, like… clockwork… 🤦🏻‍♂️ (Pun intended) 😂

I’ve heard a Connext Software/Firmware update supposedly fixes it, but I haven’t found which version or taken to dealer to have the upgrade yet.

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Posting to get this back into view. Anyone have any additional experience/solutions?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Boat is at dealer for a ton of warranty work. I asked for any and all software updates. Will report back.

anjboyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine always reads "0" when anchored and key turned to accessory. When engines running clock works fine.

CLBeerbower

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
My 212XD does the same thing. It’s a pain in the ass. No fixes I am aware of.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Our 2021SD did that. Dealer did a software update and it took care of it.

anjboyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our 2021SD did that. Dealer did a software update and it took care of it.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if they will ever have a Bluetooth distance update....

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Thanks for the update. Boat will be in for the fuel valve recall soon (if they ever get the parts). I'll see what they can do.