• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

CONNEXT "ERR" messager....AGAIN!!!

I had the err message every ride on the river, but on the sea everything works perfectly. Looks like the system need stable GPS signal and doesnt work if the signal can dissapear for some time. This is FOR my 242x e with tahometers.
Since my last visit to the dealer almost 18 months ago, I have had no issues at all. I always am on a lake, which has wide open skies. However, seems hard to believe that, unless you are under a very dense foliage from trees, that your GPS would not work. I would get the dealer to check the antenna and the connections. Good luck!

Having same issue. Yamaha has replaced my gps antenna twice but it’s still happening. Wondering if the gps module (receiver) is what I need to have them replace?

I have a 2018 242LSE and I noticed that the Fusion remote head unit gets very wet and is located too close to the water line. Several posts on here and on FB Yamaha Jet Boaters people were complaining about corrosion on the Fusion radio connections. The number one way they get corroded (esp. in salt water) is from water intrusion. What I did as a temporary fix was seal up the Fusion unit with a bead of silicone around it to prevent water from getting inside. So far I have had no problems; and the bilge seems much dryer when I pull out of the lake than it did before. I also noticed that on later 2018's and 2019's and 2020's they moved the Fusion head unit about 4" higher on the swim platform. So that may be an option if you need to keep it dry in the salt water environment.

I have a 2018 242LSE and I noticed that the Fusion remote head unit gets very wet and is located too close to the water line. Several posts on here and on FB Yamaha Jet Boaters people were complaining about corrosion on the Fusion radio connections. The number one way they get corroded (esp. in salt water) is from water intrusion. What I did as a temporary fix was seal up the Fusion unit with a bead of silicone around it to prevent water from getting inside. So far I have had no problems; and the bilge seems much dryer when I pull out of the lake than it did before. I also noticed that on later 2018's and 2019's and 2020's they moved the Fusion head unit about 4" higher on the swim platform. So that may be an option if you need to keep it dry in the salt water environment.
I'm not sure that this is what causes GPS error. I heard some one changed tahometers and this helped

Having same issue. Yamaha has replaced my gps antenna twice but it’s still happening. Wondering if the gps module (receiver) is what I need to have them replace?

I've had the GPS antenna replaced twice as well, with the same result. This week the tachometer (port, I believe) is being replaced. Based on what others have reported, I'm hopeful that will do the trick.

Yes am having issues with my 2018 212x. Started out as pump controller error and now many others including joystick comms issues. 2nd time back to dealer and they have not figured out. Yamaha corporate now involved but now many weeks without use of new boat.

Have found online it could be 1) bad battery. 2) bad ecm 3). Wires need replacing. 4). In 2018 they changed some things including wiring for main radio now being in area in back that gets wet all the time. Hope they can fix soon or they’ll need to buy it back.
mine just had same problem ..it was wire that had to much srink wrap on connection at the connection for the dual batteries .

Replacement of the port tachometer fixed mine.

I've been battling this issue all summer. No speed display, no GPS, and no MPG and or distances. I haven't used the speed control but would assume that's also dead.

Havent taken it in yet, as the dealer wants 6-8 weeks for repair. So I just have it added to the list.

Back