• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Issues

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I am in the market for a 212S but there seems to be a lot of posts regarding Connext issues on all models.Does anyone have the connext screen without problems, just curious and concerned.

Thanks,

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 2020 212S, bought new, now 65 hours on it, no Connext issues (knock on wood).

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 AR240 with 80hrs on it. Never had an issue

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2018 212 with no issues.

The start up buzzer is the worlds most annoying sound though

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
9 hours on my 210 FSH. NO issues.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I am in the market for a 212S but there seems to be a lot of posts regarding Connext issues on all models.Does anyone have the connext screen without problems, just curious and concerned.

Thanks,
@Sean R ....have a 2020 SX195 with 35 hours on it works perfectly - fingers crossed against jinxing it! LOL :cool:

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
30 hours on 2020 AR240, salt water, Florida sun, stored outside under a cover, no issues, knock on wood. I even drained the heck out of the house battery one day before I had a battery tender, still worked fine with battery in the low 11s for voltage

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As far as I know there have been very few overall problems with connext system and the ones with a few have been the 242

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Remember people come here to complain or seek help when they have an issue. No one comes here to brag about how well everything works because they're too busy boating!
:D
Our boat has 36 hours on it now and no issues. Did the Maps update and it works well enough we don't need to add a chartplotter now. Totally happy with the boat, no regrets.

JetboatBrad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Thanks,

JetboatBrad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have a 18’ 242 SE. I DO have issues with mine. Randomly the screen just goes black while going across the lake. Engines are still running and music is playing. I have to switch off/on both batteries and it seems to fix it. Just annoying though

Nfinlay1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2017 AR240 - waiting for my replacement to come in, being swapped out under warranty. Touchscreen won’t recalibrate.

Edit-
My replacement just came in, they swapped it out in about 30 minutes. It wiped all my engine stats, I’ll need to remember how many hours I had prior to the swap. 165.5 hours on each engine.

Last edited:

ysidive

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 AR240 Connext screen died at about 32 hours.... Waiting for replacement.. None available in the Country.... Been over 6 weeks still waiting...... You can live without the screen, but you cannot control, blower, bilge pump, lights.. No gauges for fuel or engine warnings or Tach..... Never was a big fan of extended warrantees, but if you have to pay for the connext screen it is over 2500 bucks

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That sucks. Does the blower and bilge pump come on automatic.? And no night boating I assume.

ysidive

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No blower... Bilge pump will work when it senses water.... No lights etc.....

ysidive

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can get the stereo to work from the rear remote.... Nothing from the helm....