• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext not booting up - ‘17 242SE

Matt Chance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m continuing to have battery issues on my 242SE. Here is a link to my previous post summarizing ongoing battery issues this summer:

Took it out with family and friends yesterday...engines ran great, tubes for 30-45 mins and then anchored in a cover for at least an hour but turned radio off for fear of issues while starting back up. Sure enough, when tried starting engines, they cranked but wouldn’t start. Tried turning off/on, disconnected terminals, and eventually got the engines to start but with low voltage alarm. Starboard engine wouldn’t go above 5mph so tried shutting down and then back on again but then neither would go above 5mph. Limped all the way back to slip at 5mph. First pic of diag screen shows blue pump control???

So today, I pulled batteries and had them tested. Ended up buying a new starting battery. Installed both but now Connext screen won’t come on. Engines start immediately. Took before pics and have scoured forums to ensure I’ve connected batteries correctly (see below). Is this a fuse issue or other ideas? Thanks for any help

Attachments

Matt Chance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beuller...Beuller...Any suggestions?? Hoping to get some ideas from this group to try before calling in a mechanic

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read on here somewhere about same issue. Dont know why. But same thing, dead battery, replaced batteries and connext wouldn't come back on.
I believe dealer replaced connext.
I turn off my battery switches after every trip. So i dont know why its happened to a few here

Matt Chance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply Neutron. I’ve been scanning the forum for similar issues. Going to have it serviced this week and will report back to share the resolution...hopefully!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully its not a full replacement issue and just something easy
Keep us updated

Matt Chance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had Connext electrical issues checked out. Was just a blown fuse probably as I was installing new starter battery. Just a simple fix and a $82 bill...happy to pay that for peace of mind. Took it out yesterday and ran beautifully with zero electrical issues! Thanks again to everyone for chiming in to help diagnose!

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wish mine was just a fuse. They did replace it but couldn’t tell me why it was not working.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had the same issue early this season and just pulled the big yellow fuse in the battery compartment and put it back in which apparently reset the system.

jimbor98

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any response as to where the fuse for the connext screen is. I am having the same issue after replacing my batteries and my connext and tachs won't power on. Any help on fuse location would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any response as to where the fuse for the connext screen is. I am having the same issue after replacing my batteries and my connext and tachs won't power on. Any help on fuse location would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
A covered block with three fuses and 2 relays should be mounted to one of the bulkheads in the battery area. The one you are looking for is the first yellow fuse (20 Amp). There is also a separate fuse mounted to the bulkhead in the same area, but that is for the ballasts. There is a similar looking block located by the SPU, but that one only has resistors.

jimbor98

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A covered block with three fuses and 2 relays should be mounted to one of the bulkheads in the battery area. The one you are looking for is the first yellow fuse (20 Amp). There is also a separate fuse mounted to the bulkhead in the same area, but that is for the ballasts. There is a similar looking block located by the SPU, but that one only has resistors.
Thank you so much, I actually just found it and was about to post here! Again thank you!
For future reference you can see the fuse block in the photos above to the right (aft) of the dvsr.

Matt Chance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the late response. I’d asked the service guy about fuse location but never got a response. Glad you got it figured out!