• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext screen issue

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unfortunately you are in a pickle. The connext system is very closed and I don't know of anyone with firmware or software for it. Don't waste your time with ydis and that is only for the engine computers and not connext. I would double check that your batteries are fully charged to make sure low voltage is not the culprit. Aside from that calling Yamaha and telling them you have a bricked connext may prove fruitful if you get to the right person. When current production components go bad in the field in a way they have not seen some companies want them back to figure out what caused the failure.

If you replace it and Yamaha does not want it I would certainly be interested. I am a data scientist by profession and an electronics geek by hobby. I have already had success building a microcontoller to read the proprietary N2k and would love to get my hands on a unit I would not have to worry about ruining.

My biggest concern for you is that you have a board mounted component like a processor or memory chip that went bad.

mahmoud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately you are in a pickle. The connext system is very closed and I don't know of anyone with firmware or software for it. Don't waste your time with ydis and that is only for the engine computers and not connext. I would double check that your batteries are fully charged to make sure low voltage is not the culprit. Aside from that calling Yamaha and telling them you have a bricked connext may prove fruitful if you get to the right person. When current production components go bad in the field in a way they have not seen some companies want them back to figure out what caused the failure.

If you replace it and Yamaha does not want it I would certainly be interested. I am a data scientist by profession and an electronics geek by hobby. I have already had success building a microcontoller to read the proprietary N2k and would love to get my hands on a unit I would not have to worry about ruining.

My biggest concern for you is that you have a board mounted component like a processor or memory chip that went bad.
thank you for your effort . i will try to call yamaha.