• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Top Menu buttons unresponsive

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and new to the ownership of a 2019 FSH 210. I noticed yesterday that the top menu buttons on the connext 4.3" touchscreen will not respond. The arrows at the bottom of the screen work and will display MPG, miles, hours, etc. when I touch them.

Is there a way to reset the connext? Is this a common issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Morgan

R0B6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My whole screen is non-responsive. I did some research on the subject and found this to be somewhat common. Called my local dealer to be told to bring it in so they can verify and order replacement. They also said it was on back-order with a 3-4 week delivery date. That was in March and been in isolation since the so no followup on my part yet.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There is a factory reset in the menus, did you try doing that? I suspect this is a calibration issue with the touchscreen.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
There is a factory reset in the menus, did you try doing that? I suspect this is a calibration issue with the touchscreen.
If you saw the video, I can't click the buttons on the top to reach the menu. I can only cycle through the mpg, engine hours, etc at the bottom of the screen. The top buttons are unresponsive. I am curious if there is a way to unplug the screen to reset it. I know if I could get to the menu screen i'd be able to reset, but that doesn't seem possible with my issue.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I didn’t see that. Yeah seems problematic, I looked at mine for a physical reset button but did not find one.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I have a 2019 SX195 with the 4.3 touch screen. The screen has the same problem as yours. The top of the touch screen is unresponsive. Have you heard back from your dealership?

R0B6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Haven't been able to take to dealer due to state required isolation 😷 But soon I hope!

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Any update on the issue? Mine is scheduled to go in for service in 2 weeks.

R0B6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine has been sitting at the service center for almost three weeks now. Screens were on back order.
Got a call last Thursday that it should be ready to go sometime this week.