• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext touch screen failed

Darrindekam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone switched out a new Connext screen ? I'm thinking about ordering a new one. Mine failed after only 50 hours on my 2016 242 se !!!! no help from customer service...

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The screens are just held in with a rear plate mount and some connections. Shouldn't be too hard to replace.

tonyGinFL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone switched out a new Connext screen ? I'm thinking about ordering a new one. Mine failed after only 50 hours on my 2016 242 se !!!! no help from customer service...
My 2017 242 Ltd-E Connext went out at 45hrs .. Unbelievable.
You can access the display unit from behind the console. 4-screws hold the screen in place, and one plug. Easy to swap out.

Have you first tried a Factory Reset or Recalibrate ? Hold the [SYS CTRL] button for 5-seconds to access the screen reset/calibration menu.