• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Touchscreen unresponsive (FSH 210)

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

I noticed yesterday that the top buttons on my connext 4.3" touchscreen won't respond. The arrows on the bottom of the screen that show MPG, miles, hours, etc. respond to the touch, but the ones at the top of the screen do not.

Is there any way to reset the connext? I just had my 10 hour service done, so the boat is virtually brand new. I have already tried turning the batteries on and off with no luck. Was thinking about trying to unplug the screen from inside the boat, but didn't want to mess around with that too much before asking here.

Morgan

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does the joystick work? Ie its only the touchscreen that’s non responsive?

Can you post a pic of what it looks like? If it’s like mine I had to reset it a couple of times. Its pretty easy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Does the joystick work? Ie its only the touchscreen that’s non responsive?

Can you post a pic of what it looks like? If it’s like mine I had to reset it a couple of times. Its pretty easy
So, the top buttons = no response.

Bottom arrows work normally. I don't see a joystick anywhere.

Attachments

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Here is a link to a video I posted to help you understand the issue a little bit more.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmm... The screen looks similar to mine but the layout is different. But I would assume the you can still pull up a diagnostic screen where you should be able to reset the touchscreen and do some other things.

On mine, you press the “SYS” button and hold it for 3 seconds. From there, the menus are pretty intuitive.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to bring up this screen on your boat but hopefully somebody else does. I tried to google this but nothing came up.

Maybe check your owners manual or call your dealer and ask for a mechanic. I bet they could answer the question in 3 secs.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hmm... The screen looks similar to mine but the layout is different. But I would assume the you can still pull up a diagnostic screen where you should be able to reset the touchscreen and do some other things.

On mine, you press the “SYS” button and hold it for 3 seconds. From there, the menus are pretty intuitive.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to bring up this screen on your boat but hopefully somebody else does. I tried to google this but nothing came up.

Maybe check your owners manual or call your dealer and ask for a mechanic. I bet they could answer the question in 3 secs.

Good luck.
Thank you for the help anyway. I can't even get into the settings option, it won't work when I touch it. Hopefully someone else can chime in with the same boat. I tried calling my dealer, no answer. I will try tomorrow.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have the same boat but the 2018 screens are slightly different. Sounds like you have a calibration issue. I just popped mine out to repair the mounting studs (they broke off one side. Superglue!) and I’ll let you know once I get it remounted how it goes.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2018 242 Limitd E series and the Connext has been "weird" from day one. It ocassionally loses hours on one engine so that there is now a 4 hour discrepancy in engine hours. It may differ by .1 or even .2 but there is no way it is 4 hours. As a matter of fact this showed up prior to the original 10 hour service. Once it started scrolling through various screens on its own and the touchscreen has also been unresponsive at times. In the end I have always been able to get it to work so I have not worried too much about it.

Since the boat is currently being serviced at a Yamaha certified shop I asked them to run diagnostics on the Connext. If they come up with anything interesting I will post it here.

TommyG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you for the help anyway. I can't even get into the settings option, it won't work when I touch it. Hopefully someone else can chime in with the same boat. I tried calling my dealer, no answer. I will try tomorrow.
A lot of dealers and repair shops are “by appointment only” right now. i was able to get a call back by making an appointment online on their website. Actually had to do it a few times because they where so busy opening and closing the gate while trying to service customers.

Darrindekam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My screen only works on the top couple of menu items, anyone had any luck working with customer service? I have 52 hours and the screen failed, the joystick still works. New screen is $ 2,400 !!!! Does anyone know if its a easy swap if I order a screeen??

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure how 2016s compare to my 2017 but on mine it’s very easy to change, just 4 screws.

Darrindekam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yours went bad already as well??

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The dealer thought it was bad and sent me a new one. I changed it last year. Turns out the issue was the port tach so I got a new screen out of the deal, both on warranty.

Both were back-ordered and the dealer said this was because Yamaha was having a lot of problems with the screen.

TommyG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They replaced my screen and it took about a week to get it in from Yamaha for a 2019. This was in April.

Darrindekam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dave do you have the good old one yet? Interested in selling?

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Having also same problems with my 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited S E. I have already tried turning the batteries on and off but still no good news. I unplug the screen from inside the boat still NO. System RESET and calibrate..... but it still irresponsive. Is there a computer that could hard reset and reboot the screen so that it can restart the monitor? So that touch screen will be responsive? ( only menu or upper part is responsive but the mid and lower part of the screen does not respond ) Thank You

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Perhaps try disconnecting the batteries for several minutes and then reconnect cables to see if that fixes it. I think I’ve read on here where some people had to do that.

orexismd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My screen is doing the exact same thing as the original post. 2019 fsh210. Did you ever get the issue resolved?