• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext with starter battery off

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I may be mistaken but I thought I saw somewhere on here someone mention they can run the connext with the starter battery switch turned off. I've not been able to do that since I bought the boat. My connext will not turn on unless both starter and house battery switches are on. If I turn either of the battery switches off the connext shuts off. Did I just make this up, do you need both battery switches on to run the connext or do I have something wrong with my factory battery switch setup?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Never mind I just figured it out, need to do some more just sitting around and playing with this system - smh moment.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After some tinkering with the boat in the garage, I discovered the radio can be turned on without turning either of the ignition switches/keys on. As long as the batteries are turned on, you can push one of the rubber buttons (like the bilge) near the touch screen and the screen will turn on.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yep that was my smh moment. Need to do more of this tinkering around myself.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Is there a way to turn it back off again. For instance you have just the house battery on and want to set the bilge to auto and leave the boat for the night, does the screen shutoff by itself again after awhile or if there a way to turn it off.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is there a way to turn it back off again. For instance you have just the house battery on and want to set the bilge to auto and leave the boat for the night, does the screen shutoff by itself again after awhile or if there a way to turn it off.
That’s the part I haven’t figured out short of toggling one of the ignition keys

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Toggling the blower will turn it off as well!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
holding that light button ( on the connext screen you use to turn it on )will shut it off too.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As long as the house battery is on, the bilge pump will do it's thing, connext does not have to be on.

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
After some tinkering with the boat in the garage, I discovered the radio can be turned on without turning either of the ignition switches/keys on. As long as the batteries are turned on, you can push one of the rubber buttons (like the bilge) near the touch screen and the screen will turn on.
Just to make sure I understand, I can keep the Start battery “OFF” , and with the house batter “ON” Only....I can start connext (and manage lights, music, Bilge, Etc) by pressing one of the rubber buttons?

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep that was my smh moment. Need to do more of this tinkering around myself.
When I turn on the Connext with the rubber button (start battery off) i get the low battery voltarge beep. Any way to turn that off? Or Im am I missing something in the sequence?

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Both batteries need to be turned on for the radio to work on my boat.