• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

connext

scubarick314

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a question about the 2015 AR240 and the connext. While on the water this weekend I tried to shut the start battery while listening to music. When I did this the connext shut down. I am trying not to run the start battery down while anchored out. Is there something I am missing? I appreciate any help.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the SX240 both sets of battery switches need to be on to run connext. I know it is odd. I also found that if you have the keys in but in the off position and Connext is on, if you turn the blower on and off, connext shuts down. The starter battery is for the starters only. The house battery powers everything else. You will not drain the start battery.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, keep the emergency switch to off so the batteries stay separate.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Zeus2013 s2013 Just the house battery needs to be on to run the Connext system. If yours wont turn on without the start battery on than most likely you don't have a ground wire between the start and house battery. @scubarick314 I've noticed the same thing. If you cycle the blower it will shut off the Connext and if you start the engines it will shut it down and than restart it.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Zeus2013 s2013 Just the house battery needs to be on to run the Connext system. If yours wont turn on without the start battery on than most likely you don't have a ground wire between the start and house battery. @scubarick314 I've noticed the same thing. If you cycle the blower it will shut off the Connext and if you start the engines it will shut it down and than restart it.
Interesting..I will need to check that...thanks @Williamsone46

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Williamsone46 any update on what you found out. With my recent charging issues and battery bank not properly installed - I am paranoid now.

So I have noticed that in float mode with motors off and connext on - if the blower switch is turned on - it cuts off the connext system.... Is that normal?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have no idea, but in light of your issues, I need to ask:

When you push the throttles forward, which way does the boat go?

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@tdonoughue thanks for the laugh! I needed it. Keep them storms in Texas - please.

When I push the throttles forward slightly - I go forward - lol.

I often think - others think - that dude (me) is clueless... Lol

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No storms at the moment. Recovering by the pool and the fire pit.

But on a more serious note, it is easy to get drawn into the little things. I am not saying you should not get everything right. Indeed you should. But don't let it distract you from the fun you can have with this marvelous machine (imperfections and all). One of the wonderful things I have learned about these boats is that they are, when you get right down to it, not all that complex. A little auto mechanic skill, a little mechanical skill, a little trailering skill, a little common sense and thinking, and you are in for a world of fun (ok, it is fun even without all of those things).

Hang in there and good luck!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 any update on what you found out. With my recent charging issues and battery bank not properly installed - I am paranoid now.

So I have noticed that in float mode with motors off and connext on - if the blower switch is turned on - it cuts off the connext system.... Is that normal?
Sounds like a low or bad battery issue. The fans are drawing a lot of amps and killing the power to the Connext

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

@Jackew I hope it is normal because mine does the same thing. I checked my system and Connext comes on with the House battery on and the Start battery off. If I flip the blower, Connext turns off and then I have to turn it back on.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Zeus2013 thanks for the feedback. Good to hear it's not just me and it sounds normal. It's funny - on my own I most likely never knew it did this. But while sitting in the boat (shoiwng it off) a friend switched the blower on and it turned off the Connext.

I'm just being paranoid and reading too many postings lol

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It does kinda suck the way the system is configured. How hard would a on off button been to have for the connect. You should be able to leave the stereo on when you shut off the engines instead of having to turn connect back on again.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess with a new product their is always going to be some issues. I am sure there was an engineering who said "I know, let's set it up so that if you have engines off and using Connext and you touch anything, Connext turns off", then some supervisor said "fantastic, you get a bonus"

Then someone else chimed in and said "hey let's put the fresh water flush port just at the cushion level so it pushes against the cushion and puts stress in the fitting" then the supervisor said "brilliant"

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Sorry for the slow response. I have to agree with everyone else, these all seem to be normal among all the models with connext.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok. What's posted in this thread seems to be how mine operates.

With just the start battery on, the motors will start but there is no connext or any other systems.

With just the house on, all the systems will work.

With both turned on, everything is normal.

It looks like my start battery is just that, start and motors run only. And the house looks to be the house only.

Does this sound correct? I think it makes sense in case there is a major short in the house system, you can still get back home.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

With just the start battery on, the motors will start but there is no connext or any other systems.

It looks like my start battery is just that, start and motors run only. And the house looks to be the house only.

Does this sound correct? I think it makes sense in case there is a major short in the house system, you can still get back home.
Yup...you got it...

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does this sound correct? I think it makes sense in case there is a major short in the house system, you can still get back home
Yes.
And as far as the blower being turned "On" or "Off":
If you set it for AUTOMATIC operation through the CONNEXT System, it somewhat obliterates these issues.
I sincerely hope I have continued to confuse and obstigate the issues ......... LOL !@
Kisses, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - Didya like all those $ 0.25 words ? ... LOL

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes.
And as far as the blower being turned "On" or "Off":
If you set it for AUTOMATIC operation through the CONNEXT System, it somewhat obliterates these issues.
I sincerely hope I have continued to confuse and obstigate the issues ......... LOL !@
Kisses, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - Didya like all those $ 0.25 words ? ... LOL
Mikey, I believe Yamaha is causing all the confusion with lack of info and support. Everyone here is actually analyzing the problems and clearing up the confusions. Could you imagine the frustration of owners if this website did not exist?