• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

connext

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mikey, I believe Yamaha is causing all the confusion with lack of info and support. Everyone here is actually analyzing the problems and clearing up the confusions. Could you imagine the frustration of owners if this website did not exist?
Yup. Period ! Yup !
I have said often IF they really cared, they owed us a SEPARATE CONNEXT manual. They have an employee who is extremely capable in TN who could have written this .....
Ms Page Miller ...... But Yamaha makes it IMPOSSIBLE (And this is a carefully chosen word - "IMPOSSIBLE") to even communicate this idea with the management in the plant in Tenn so as something might be done.
Maybe there is a dealer reading this thread who DOES have "THE CONNECTIONS" and can get past their "sales person (???) and talk to plant management in Tennessee ?
If so, they need to ASK them to see if
Page Miller could be assigned to write this manual.
If SHE did, it would make everything crystal clear. Please don't ask me HOW I know, I just do.

My best to each of you. In the meantime, I'll take a 2015 24-foot Yamaha over ANY other similar sized boat anywhere. Manual or not. Period !!
Play nicely in the sandbox, ok ? Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
per @Craig - "If you press and hold the button with the bulb symbol underneath the connext screen for app 3 seconds it will power it up and stay on until you turn it back off. To turn off press and hold the same button. The connext system will come on without either key in the run position."

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
now thats a cool tip. Really good one.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm hoping it works too. I'm not near by boat but asked my wife to test it out before the weekend's over. I hope to have an update soon with a great confirming answer. I HATE when I'm anchored - and to listen to music I either have to drown out the blower or be sitting next to my fuel pump running its arse off!!

Not kewl Yamaha.. Not kewl!!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, holding the bulb bottom when the keys are off totally works. Thanks to @Craig for that one.

You can get in to the YDIS screens by holding the system button for 3 seconds after the connext is powered up. Can check fault codes, current draw on devices, and a bunch of other stuff. :thumbsup: It looks like you can do some system resets and things in here, so be cautious if you are poking around.

Also, when I picked up my boat, the service guys said that they just did a connext firmware update with the latest on mine, so that may be where some of the slight differences come from.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
whew!! that was close. Thank you @McMark.

The wife almost touched my new boat... waaaay to close for comfort!! LOL

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The sad thing is I don't own a '15 model, I've just spent too much time looking at them. We sold our AR awhile back and are still looking around trying to decide whether to get another Yamaha or a dedicated surf boat.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup. Period ! Yup !
I have said often IF they really cared, they owed us a SEPARATE CONNEXT manual. They have an employee who is extremely capable in TN who could have written this .....
Ms Page Miller ...... But Yamaha makes it IMPOSSIBLE (And this is a carefully chosen word - "IMPOSSIBLE") to even communicate this idea with the management in the plant in Tenn so as something might be done.
Maybe there is a dealer reading this thread who DOES have "THE CONNECTIONS" and can get past their "sales person (???) and talk to plant management in Tennessee ?
If so, they need to ASK them to see if
Page Miller could be assigned to write this manual.
If SHE did, it would make everything crystal clear. Please don't ask me HOW I know, I just do.

My best to each of you. In the meantime, I'll take a 2015 24-foot Yamaha over ANY other similar sized boat anywhere. Manual or not. Period !!
Play nicely in the sandbox, ok ? Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Interesting......Page gave me a demo of the Connext too. She must have been at your boat show too.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf .... She did, for both Barbie and I. She gave us way over an hour of her time, knowing we were simply awaiting delivery.
I felt as though her teaching skills were amazing, especially in her "delivery."
She may be the best "teacher" we have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
My Best to you ............ Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just buying a 2017 SX210 and looking forward information on Connext system, anyone find anything published yet?

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So do anyone have any idea how to turn the connext screen off while underway at night? Even at it's lowest level it is too bright at night.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score