• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Considering a Jet Boat & Need Recommendations

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unbelievable. I wish people would just be honest. Such a good deal on that SX that the guy sold it out from under me...despite having already sent him a deposit and having a contract. I'm always the sucker...always approach each transaction in way too trusting a manner because I want to believe most people are good....but good grief. Like my last 3 of 4 vehicle deals have been crooked in some shape or form. Last boat was a $9k lemon. Sold a car to a guy who said he'd send my plate back so he could drive the car home...says plate got lost in the mail...6 months later I get a ticket from HOV 3 states over...and then this last clown renig'd on our deal and sold this pristine SX for $2k over our agreed price. I guess I should be happy he at least returned my deposit, but that boat was about $7-8k under market based on what I've seen.

So...yay...back in the boat market yet again...if there are any honest sellers that'll offer a good deal on a 2 engine jet boat up to $30k, I'm all ears. Let me know what you've got. Willing to drive up to 5-6 hours from Charlotte, NC.

Sorry to hear that....didn't know you were in Charlotte. I don't have a twin engine for sale, but you are welcome to come down a checkout my 2017 AR190. I am sure it won't disappoint. Local lake in Boiling Springs that you could test it out. 148 freshwater hours and galvanized trailer. It is not far off your budget.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you find an 06-11 SX210 or AR210 again, they can still make a great and very reliable family boat. I also know what to look for when evaluating if you need help. If you don’t plan to keep it a long time, overpaying (for anything) in this kind of market hurts the more you spend so older could be wiser. Low hours (<200) in older boats are not necessarily a good thing either so you have to look into the condition a bit.

jdlev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to admit, I've been kinda crushin' on those limited 242s. They look absolutely built out and are incredible looking machines. I just don't think I could justify $45k for a boat we'd use maybe 10-15 times/year, and that 24' length is a bit intimidating since I've got either a 10' gate I'd have to fit through or a...well..let's just forget about the garage for the 242s.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wanted to share this, as it might be helpful. Checkout Lemonsquad.com
I think it was about $150.... They are national and will go inspect the boat for you. I used them when buying my boat used from a person 8 hours away. They do a full write up, take pictures, I was pretty happy with the inspection report. I then met the seller at a lake in between us and did a quick water test.

Also, if you want to finance the boat, check out Boat Loans, Boat Financing, Yacht loan
I was very happy with them and their services.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have to admit, I've been kinda crushin' on those limited 242s. They look absolutely built out and are incredible looking machines. I just don't think I could justify $45k for a boat we'd use maybe 10-15 times/year, and that 24' length is a bit intimidating since I've got either a 10' gate I'd have to fit through or a...well..let's just forget about the garage for the 242s.
Back to one of the earlier qualifying questions, what do you have for a tow vehicle, and what is it's stated tow capacity on the door jam? This should not be an afterthought, but many times is for boat buyers.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi....me personally, I tow with a 2011 Ram1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi. My truck model and tire combination has a max trailer of 6700 lbs. It pulls the 2017 AR190 easily. The AR210 we just got is certainly heavier and it still pulls it, but it sucks the gas out as well. I am contemplating stepping my truck up to a 2500.

jdlev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back to one of the earlier qualifying questions, what do you have for a tow vehicle, and what is it's stated tow capacity on the door jam? This should not be an afterthought, but many times is for boat buyers.
I've got a '12 F150 w/ ecoboost and absolutely love it. It handled my gilligan clunker 22' century no problem - even got about 10-11mpg going to/from the coast. I think it'll handle anything up to 24' no problem...25'+ would be pushing it and don't think i'd go that big anyways...storing/hauling something that long would be tough.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got a '12 F150 w/ ecoboost and absolutely love it. It handled my gilligan clunker 22' century no problem - even got about 10-11mpg going to/from the coast. I think it'll handle anything up to 24' no problem...25'+ would be pushing it and don't think i'd go that big anyways...storing/hauling something that long would be tough.
Yup that vehicle is a non issue for any of them. My buddy had three different F150's with ecoboost and towed 23' pontoons with it.