• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooking Mediterranean Style Food

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been doing some boating but also some cooking. I gotten on this Mediterranean kick. So I have been serving up Mediterranean style food. Two of the dishes were eggplant in a tomato sauce and one other has been Moroccan lemon chicken cooked in a Tagine.
The eggplant in tomato sauce is an easier version of Eggplant Parmesan. Instead of breading the eggplant and sautéing in olive oil it is placed on a layer of the tomato sauce topped with more sauce and Parmesan cheese and topped with another layer of eggplant. The remaining sauce and cheese is then spread over the top. Tent it with foil cook in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. Take the foil off and cook for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is brown. It is now my go to version for eggplant. After cutting the eggplant be sure to salt the pieces and let sit in a colander to drain the moisture from the eggplant before cooking. Serve over homemade pasta.
As for the Moroccan Lemon Chicken. Saute onions until brown and then add spices of ground coriander, ginger, white pepper, turmeric, Saffron and salt. After browning remove from the pan and brown the chicken. Place the onions with the spices in the Tagine, add chicken broth bring to a simmer and then add back the chicken. Cover with the Tagine cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven ant take the chicken out and set aside. Add dice lemon, slice olives ( I used capers in lieu of olives), and diced parsley. Bring back to simmer and add butter to thicken. Then add lemon rind over the chicken, cover and let sit to absorb the flavors. Serve over rice or couscous.

fullsizeoutput_38bb.jpegfullsizeoutput_38b4.jpegfullsizeoutput_38b6.jpegfullsizeoutput_38b8.jpeg