• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cool boating destinations?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As most of you know, I travel quite a bit. I just took my boat from Long Island, NY to South Florida. I have a few ideas bouncing around my head right now. Thinking about going back to Colombia for a few months and sell my car there to pay off my boat loan (8% with these high rates, only did it because the boat's price was good). Maybe go to Europe starting in Portugal where I have a friend, buy a motorcycle, and do a few months traveling through Europe. Then come back to the states sometime to travel more and see some cool lakes with my boat. With all of that, I'm thinking that I should do a vlog to document my experiences while I work remote and travel. I have a friend in colombia that can do all the video editing. So just curious, what are some cool destinations? Beautiful, partying, lots of cool restaurants accessible by boat? Probably I would stop at Tampa on the way. And rent rooms on airbnb

IMG_7834.jpg

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotta say, I'm pretty envious of your flexibility and the travel it affords you. It's a good place to be in life for certain. Congrats on the work it took to get to this point!

Some boating thoughts.......

If you want a good party, put Harmon Creek on Lake Cumberland during Poker Run Weekend on your list. Like Mardi Gras on the water. Good "scenery" for a young single man. Lake isn't much to write home about otherwise. If you're there on a non-poker run weekend 76 falls tends to have a pretty big party going on pretty much all the time.

Dale Hollow is one of the clearest lakes I've ever been on. It doesn't have that blue/green color the gulf has, but you can see 20+ft down clearly in most places. Not a ton to do on the lake really, but it's a nice place to visit.

We enjoyed Douglas Lake in TN. Nice clear water in a pretty "mountainous" setting. Otherwise, just another lake really. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are very nearby in case you get tired of the water. Neat touristy mountainy setting near the east coast.

Destin and Pensacola area along the gulf has some crystal clear water. Watching the Blue Angles practice from the water was pretty awesome. Crab Island is a neat experience, especially if you have some friends to hang out with in the water and play/snorkel around.

We did Old Hickory Lake to Nashville on the Cumberland River a few years ago. Cumberland River is not that spectacular, but the lake is neat, and the nightlife in Nashville is pretty awesome. There is a marina just south/west of downtown that rents transient slips. Head down by water, slip, grab a hotel and party for the night or two, hop on the boat and head back up river. Have to lock through to get between the lake and river. Surprisingly easy.

We're taking the boat to St. Augustine in about 8 weeks or so. Be interesting to see how boating there compares to boating around Destin. Had plans to hit Lake of the Ozarks this summer, but the move to NY kind of borked those plans for us. We have a bimini trip on our bucket list, but I'm not sure when we'll make that happen, probably want a bigger boat before we do that.

The big thing with travelling with the boat is finding storage and ramps to use. We've found that a few days researching and planning up front really makes the whole experience MUCH easier. Make sure you have a place to unload/load the truck at the beginning and end of the trip. Then make sure you have a secure place to store the boat, and it has the right amenities for your machine. Adventure Marina in Ft Walton is a great example. They have a secured lot, with fresh water and 120V power available, for a VERY reasonable weekly rental fee. Makes taking the boat south VERY easy.

Good Luck!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gotta say, I'm pretty envious of your flexibility and the travel it affords you. It's a good place to be in life for certain. Congrats on the work it took to get to this point!

Some boating thoughts.......

If you want a good party, put Harmon Creek on Lake Cumberland during Poker Run Weekend on your list. Like Mardi Gras on the water. Good "scenery" for a young single man. Lake isn't much to write home about otherwise. If you're there on a non-poker run weekend 76 falls tends to have a pretty big party going on pretty much all the time.

Dale Hollow is one of the clearest lakes I've ever been on. It doesn't have that blue/green color the gulf has, but you can see 20+ft down clearly in most places. Not a ton to do on the lake really, but it's a nice place to visit.

We enjoyed Douglas Lake in TN. Nice clear water in a pretty "mountainous" setting. Otherwise, just another lake really. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are very nearby in case you get tired of the water. Neat touristy mountainy setting near the east coast.

Destin and Pensacola area along the gulf has some crystal clear water. Watching the Blue Angles practice from the water was pretty awesome. Crab Island is a neat experience, especially if you have some friends to hang out with in the water and play/snorkel around.

We did Old Hickory Lake to Nashville on the Cumberland River a few years ago. Cumberland River is not that spectacular, but the lake is neat, and the nightlife in Nashville is pretty awesome. There is a marina just south/west of downtown that rents transient slips. Head down by water, slip, grab a hotel and party for the night or two, hop on the boat and head back up river. Have to lock through to get between the lake and river. Surprisingly easy.

We're taking the boat to St. Augustine in about 8 weeks or so. Be interesting to see how boating there compares to boating around Destin. Had plans to hit Lake of the Ozarks this summer, but the move to NY kind of borked those plans for us. We have a bimini trip on our bucket list, but I'm not sure when we'll make that happen, probably want a bigger boat before we do that.

The big thing with travelling with the boat is finding storage and ramps to use. We've found that a few days researching and planning up front really makes the whole experience MUCH easier. Make sure you have a place to unload/load the truck at the beginning and end of the trip. Then make sure you have a secure place to store the boat, and it has the right amenities for your machine. Adventure Marina in Ft Walton is a great example. They have a secured lot, with fresh water and 120V power available, for a VERY reasonable weekly rental fee. Makes taking the boat south VERY easy.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a pro at finding boat storage and airbnb's at this point! I lived in airbnb's all through colombia and my boat has been in so many yards, driveways, and marinas. I could write a book haha I've been called a gypsy by my good friend because I move so much. I found a website recently that caught my attention (website below). People rent out their driveways and yards for parking. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Nashville sounds very nice. I also would bring my seasucker rack back from colombia and suction cup my mountain bike to the roof of my truck giving a lot more space in the cab and bed of the truck. Also I got the seasucker lock that closes in the door jamb.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also would bring my seasucker rack back from colombia and suction cup my mountain bike to the roof of my truck giving a lot more space in the cab and bed of the truck.
Not sure why I never had this thought before......BUT.....Throw the seasucker on the boat, strap the bike one, then cruise to different destinations by water, ride bike around for basic transportation, and you're into the "cruising" lifestyle without much effort.