• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cool drone video we took tubing the weekend.

Nice. What drone did you use? Looks hard to keep the tubers in the frame when the boat is moving.

Nice. What drone did you use? Looks hard to keep the tubers in the frame when the boat is moving.
You know, I am not sure. It was my cousin in town but like $1000 setup. It was manual drone and not one that tracks and was hard to keep them in frame. He has a better one the can move the camera with head movement and said this was not his best work but was a really small drone under 250 grams or something for FAA to use anywhere with fixed camera.

That has got to be the first drone I have seen with a microphone on it. Usually nothing to capture.

It's a flashback to my DJI Phantom 2 days with a gimbal and gopro

Nice video. Needs some tropical music playin in the background :)

Nice..Will that model track you on the boat? I'm looking for one that will track.
I would like to know if the tracking has improved since I got out of the hobby five or six years ago with a first gen dji mavic. Life just got too busy for me to take aerial video while boating only to spend hours editing before posting. Here is a link to one of my early videos, all flight was manual (and the camera setting were wrong). I tried using the tracking / homing features during this session and the quad copter started flying back to where it took off from. Boating is stressful enough, no need for me to add to the stress but I would consider getting back into the hobby with a drone that tracks well and is not subject to all of the discretionary no fly zones.

My Mavic Pro tracks nicely. It does take a moment to lock onto the subject before taking off. The new Mavics are so advanced they make my original look like a ToysRus toy drone. Of course their pricing reminds me that my first Mazda B2000 pickup was $5795! LOL

My mini 3 pro tracks quite well. Just make sure there isn't anything that will make it crash. It does not have side sensors. It will detect things front and back, but not sides. I've had it track us while wakeboarding.

Yes - like others noted the Mini 3 Pro does have active tracking. It can do multiple profiles (follow, track from front, orbit the target while it's moving, parallel, etc). Really pretty capable for a small drone.

Yes - like others noted the Mini 3 Pro does have active tracking. It can do multiple profiles (follow, track from front, orbit the target while it's moving, parallel, etc). Really pretty capable for a small drone.
It begs the question, if the modern drones have all this capability and members here have the drones why aren’t there more links to action boating videos on this site?

It begs the question, if the modern drones have all this capability and members here have the drones why aren’t there more links to action boating videos on this site?
I don't bring it. Forget to. Lol

Nice..Will that model track you on the boat? I'm looking for one that will track.

Haha. Fair question. I don't know how to link videos.

Let's try this...

That’s more of what I wanted when I got out of the hobby. What flight mode is that? Can you get the drone in closer or can you set the zoom in closer for the entire session? If so I would May get back into it.

That’s more of what I wanted when I got out of the hobby. What flight mode is that? Can you get the drone in closer or can you set the zoom in closer for the entire session? If so I would May get back into it.

I'd have to look - I select the active track box around the boat. Then there's basically follow, parallel, and orbit settings. I should have moved the drone closer (or zoomed) as you noted for sure (and you totally can). You can also zoom / crop after the video is made.

This was only my second time ever using the active track so it's pretty amateurish. I was setting up the drone as people were waiting to surf so not the ideal scenario for seeing up a good shot.

Also, once the drone is set you don't touch anything other than "record". I'm coming from a DJI Mini 2 to the Mini 3 Pro so the active track is a huge upgrade for me. It's impressive.

Software zoom of a following shot

Back