• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooler option and preferred location.

Babin beat me to it...that's the same ones we have. Although they're big and one will do for drinks, we bought two for those long days on the water...one for drinks and one for sandwiches, fruit packs, etc. We only need a few ice packs in the food cooler to keep it cool all day, and the drinks one we fill up with several large pop bottles filled with filtered water and frozen solid. The last for days and if you need it, they're full of ice cold fresh water.
:)
Tuck them under the bucket seats out of the way and out of the sun, and they don't slide around when driving like we stole it.
?

This is the AO in it's daily spot. I like the idea of it being out of the sun. I'll put a couple ice packs in, fill it with beverages, ice and I'll still have plenty of ice when we get home(even with 2 kids opening it all day)

They are big enough that you are only going to need one.
@digitalthug916

those look perfect for my 242, just ordered mine. I hate having people get up when I need a drink. Thanks ?

After reading this post, I bought one as well. I'm recycling the "integrated" igloo cooler Yamaha gave me

I think this area where a lot of people keep a trash can would be a great place for a Yeti Backflip 24 cooler. Tall and I think the base of it would fit perfect on that high gloss black area. I think your boat has this area correct? Backflip 24 may be tall enough to hold a lot but not sure if the backpack straps part can be taken off so that it fits good? Or maybe a different tall soft cooler would work good in this area? I’ve though about getting this Backflip and putting it there. What we do is have a big white hard yeti cooler that we keep under the starboard rear flip up big seat with lots extra drinks and ice. And a small yeti called a Flip 12 or Flip 18 (can’t remember which one) in that area I’m talking about putting the Backflip. Keep drinks and cold snacks in the soft sided one and easy for all to get to. If and when it needs refilling get the drinks from under the seat in big yeti and take more to the soft one. Our Flip soft cooler also fits behind that co captain chair also so it’s not in the way of anything there also.
Great idea!

This is the AO in it's daily spot. I like the idea of it being out of the sun. I'll put a couple ice packs in, fill it with beverages, ice and I'll still have plenty of ice when we get home(even with 2 kids opening it all day)

They are big enough that you are only going to need one.
@digitalthug916

Gonna order at least one these - the Yeti Tundra may have seen its last day on my boat. :)

Gonna order at least one these - the Yeti Tundra may have seen its last day on my boat. :)
Biggest thing with any cooler is to keep it out of the sun and closed as much as possible if you want it to keep things cold. It fits very well under the bench and coming back from Bimini we had it under the Capitan's chair due to having the bench folded upright and if fit there good.

Biggest thing with any cooler is to keep it out of the sun and closed as much as possible if you want it to keep things cold. It fits very well under the bench and coming back from Bimini we had it under the Capitan's chair due to having the bench folded upright and if fit there good.

and always pre chill your drinks. There’s no faster way to melt ice than packing it with hot drinks!

I just bought a 52qt RTIC cooler that fits perfectly in front of the back row of seats. We use it as a leg rest while underway. It is sturdy so you can walk on it, I wouldn't recommend that placement for a less reinforced cooler.
what type of boat do you have? I was looking to do this in an AR210

Ive been seriously considering removing my co-captain chair and getting as big of a cooler as I can that will fit in that space. Maybe add some cushions to the top of it for when we are underway. Most of the time when we would need to be in that cooler we will be anchored and on sandbars so I’m not so worried about asking people to get up off it all the time…

Ive been seriously considering removing my co-captain chair and getting as big of a cooler as I can that will fit in that space. Maybe add some cushions to the top of it for when we are underway. Most of the time when we would need to be in that cooler we will be anchored and on sandbars so I’m not so worried about asking people to get up off it all the time…
Bold move, I know my "co-captain" would no go for it. :D

I bought a pair of AO Coolers Stow-N-Go soft sides - they fit nicely behind each seat out of the way and easy to zip open the top for access to drinks without pulling them out. Food containers requires pulling one out to open it more, but that's only when we're stopped to eat anyway. No more coolers in the way of traffic. Thanks to @Babin Farms for the idea:

View attachment 157883
Look what came in the mail today! A7DB8E65-0131-40AD-9AB9-1D8E0725D2A0.jpegA7DB8E65-0131-40AD-9AB9-1D8E0725D2A0.jpeg

Good stuff! If you turn it around so the zipper is facing back you can open it almost fully without sliding it out, right from the rear seating.
:winkingthumbsup"
Thanks...I just threw it in there to take a picture. Did yours come with a shoulder strap? My wife likes the AO....that's her initials...lol

Used the AO stow-n-go cooler the first time yesterday. Packed it with drinks and about 15 pounds of ice at 8am-ish Saturday morning. Slid it under the drivers seat and headed out For a 110mi tow. Used it all day (mid 90s heat) on a 60ish mile boat ride to ship island in the Gulf of Mexico. we picked up at dark. Drinks still cold with a mix of water/ice. Drove 110mi back home with cooler still in its spot and parked it. Didn’t get out to wash the boat until 12:30pm. no ice left, but the drinks still there felt pretty cold so I checked with a thermometer and the water was 52 degrees. completely sufficient in my book. It may not last like a yeti but it Fits in a great spot and the zipper is actually usable.
I might get another and not use any in the storage boxes.?

I called AO today and they are out of stock on all of the Stow-And-Go coolers. :-/

I called AO today and they are out of stock on all of the Stow-And-Go coolers. :-/

wow, so I was just a few days from not getting one. At least for a while.
for once my luck don’t suck!

For the guys/gals with bench seats. Grab a Coleman Stackable cooler. The slide right under the benches and are super easy to deal with. Love mine in our little AR190. Holds enough drinks for a family of four all day on the water. Not Yeti efficient, but we usually still have ice at the end of the day, and the drinks are still cold.

We keep two of these onboard most every day. They're $30/ea too !
20190226_180426.jpg

I ordered mine from Walmart…delivered in less than a week

The AO looks like a nice option for beverages. We usually put in between 1-2, take a short ride then anchor and have lunch. For those that take food on the boat are you using two coolers one big cooler?

Back