• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooler Options??

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone swapped out the OEM cooler with something of better quality?? I had a Perma Chill on my last bay boat and kept it with the hopes it would fit but it's way to big. Haven't sat down to check size options as of yet so figured I'd see if anyone else has made the change? If so what brand and size worked?

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can someone with access to their boat tell us what the dimensions are for the space under the seat? The weather is crap right now and I don't want to freeze my butt off just to measure it.

I'm looking at an RTIC cooler that is 15 7/8 H by 26 1/2 W and 16 1/2 D. Does anyone know if that will fit?

At my place of work, we throw away a ton of scrap aluminium and I could easily find enough scrap to machine some blocks to raise the helm to what ever I need it to be.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I could have checked yesterday it was 60 degrees here. Today 20.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best bang for the buck is Coleman marine extreme. Lots of sizes. 98% of yeti at 1/4 the cost.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can someone with access to their boat tell us what the dimensions are for the space under the seat? The weather is crap right now and I don't want to freeze my butt off just to measure it.

I'm looking at an RTIC cooler that is 15 7/8 H by 26 1/2 W and 16 1/2 D. Does anyone know if that will fit?

At my place of work, we throw away a ton of scrap aluminium and I could easily find enough scrap to machine some blocks to raise the helm to what ever I need it to be.
nope wont fit..

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like we may hit 50 this weekend. I'll try to venture out in the storage building and measure the oem cooler

Bruce Lee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I approached it a bit different. I use the cooler spot for my dry bags...towels and sometimes an extra fuel tank. I've used the straps to secure an Engle 65. I can still tilt for the engine compartment and it doesn't move. Put a space in so i can open the cooler too. PLUS...you can stand on it looking for snook!

Attachments

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bruce good idea! Plus you don't have to slide the darn thing out every time you want a cold one. I guess the only down fall would the use of the reverse seating on the leaning post?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
25x x 18d x 16h

i would not get a cooler taller than 15' or 17d.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I struggled with this when we bought our 242LSE. Came with a cheap cooler that had to be tilted just to get in/out.

Found a Yamaha AOCooler soft side. I can’t find it on Yamaha parts anymore, but it’s this cooler. It fits perfect under the seat and is easy to get in and out. Holds ice well. Took this pic for another, but you can see it (back corner behind the Yeti, on top of the stock one) :)

Thinking about putting Yeti 65 with tie downs using it for more cooler capacity and an extra seat/footrest/table in the middle rear seating (still need to measure and test fit to see if I like it or if it will just be in the way)...

7C82DF71-6333-4094-B017-6B60E7A2EF51.jpeg

CharlieEcho

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
In case you guys haven't seen there is a really nice generic alternative to the factory cooler. Its a generic roto style cooler from amazon. Here is a link and pics. I found it on my own and when I logged in to post I saw that another member too discovered this about a month before me so at least we know its a viable alternative.

Giantex 40 Quart Heavy Duty Cooler - http://a.co/d/dB2RZ96

20181008_174016.jpg

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have that it works great and was $120. It stays with the boat and I got 3Days out of it with ice. Not a Yeti but no one has run off with it.

Clifford G Montgomery

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up in the Giantex. Was a little apprehensive ordering it sight unseen. It came in a couple days ago, fits perfect, no issues at all. Seems to be a quality rotomolded cooler. Bought a YETI cooler bottle opener and screwed in the corner that faces the rear of the boat. Sturdy enough to sit and stand on with no issues. I would reccomend.