• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Correct way to pour oil

What is the correct way to pour oil?

• Total voters
I voted!
:cool:

--

I get it, that @Betik likes his lube up and down. I can't unthink it now. Angle down kinda guy, all day. Especially when oiling a 4-stroke with no funnel, I hate spillage.

Last edited:
I get it, that @Betik likes his lube up and down. I can't unthink it now. Angle down kinda guy, all day. Especially when oiling a 4-stroke, I hate spillage.
I never thought of it frankly, but it makes sense when looking at the angles in those pics... Hmmm, the things I learn here.
I changed my vote! :eek:

--

No one else just inverts it and glugs the whole thing in at once?

No one else just inverts it and glugs the whole thing in at once?
I agree, hearing the glug, glug, glug and then silence is the best part

I'm a wierdo. I pour sideways.

Can we get a "I'm goofy SOB" option on the poll?

Also, where is my paper copy of my vote?

“Sideways” !!!! A whole new position to explore.

Forgot to mention the spirit of equal opportunity applies here as well..... port UP and Port down :D

I personally like the "ganksta" poor, HOLD IT SIDEWAYS PLAYER!

How in the heck did you get those pours on film? I am a mess with camera phone camera usually anyway but pouring a live quart and getting good photos... impressive!

How in the heck did you get those pours on film? I am a mess with camera phone camera usually anyway but pouring a live quart and getting good photos... impressive!

I'm just surprised to see someone using the cardboard funnel that comes with the kit. :)

I keep one in the boat for emergency use, but I've never actually used one for an oil change.

I'm a wierdo. I pour sideways.

Can we get a "I'm goofy SOB" option on the poll?

Also, where is my paper copy of my vote?

It was an illegal ballot ! ;)

I also go sideways most of the time....

Back