• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Counting days before delivery did I get a good deal question??????

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seems I have found a new forum to explore, learn and make friends far and near.
I have have been on multiple boards in the past and found its the best place to learn what others have gone though and hopefully one day make contributions.

As my screen name says I will be taking delivery hopefully on Saturday/Monday a 2020 SX 190 in sunny South Florida.
I sold my 2014 FXSHO months ago and recently my 2015 VXR I inherited after divorce a few years ago.
Previously I had a Seadoo 1800 Sportster, a few XP and GTI's all with the 717 two stroke engines.

Due to Covid, it made taking ski out difficult with solo rider restriction. I would have to leave two kids (13 and 10) on dock or leave GF. Neither scenario was a win win.
So obvious choice was back to a 3rd boat. 1st boat was a 248 Chis Craft Concept back in 80's

Now for the "am I get a good deal" question. Keep in mind there are no more 2020 in production. So whats on the lot is all that's left for this year.

I called dealer I got skis from and asked them what could they do. I can't go to dealer in Key Largo since they are in lockdown and not permitting NON residents in. The buying process has been by phone and email and boat unseen. Process does not feel normal.
They said they would even deliver it but I want my water test and guy to go over boat in person so he's working out a way to pick me up and drive me in.

Boat as of now is 30,799 with Galvanized trailer, no real deal there. Opting for 1k off depending on cost of warranty.
Still waiting on final numbers but I was approved for the 1.99 for 60months or 3.99 for X number of years.
The freight charges and assembly were waived as previous customer. I am only on hook for the $499 DPF/Tax/Title and have my own tag for trailer which isn't bad so far.

I am waiting to hear back if boat price can be lowed to ~30K and or include install of dual battery kit(I would buy battery if they don't include it), bow cushion filler, and install registration numbers, He offered the starter kit which is cool as I could use more lines and more vests.

Fingers crossed deal gets finalized tomorrow. Am I asking for too much?
Pictures to come as proof in case there is a rule number I am not following.

Thanks for reading and I'll post info on deal to help other buyers know what we pay.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Most people buying new Yamahas say they have to wait till dealers are stuck with year old left overs before they will move off MSRP much. This year who knows?

Keep asking for more extras till they say no!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For reference. Just picked up a new 2020 AR210 with trailer, anchor, safety kit and fenders for $41,000. I didn't push hard on anything to throw in, which as I learn more I should of, although I believe I go a good deal and am happy with it.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most people buying new Yamahas say they have to wait till dealers are stuck with year old left overs before they will move off MSRP much. This year who knows?

Keep asking for more extras till they say no!
Hi, No doubt!
I called dealers up and down and only 2 places that had a 2020 SX.
I was looking for a used one with 2hrs at that dealer but interest was higher and dealer waived Freight and Assembly on a 2020.
They are moving it right direction working with me, so I feel good.
Hoping for couple hundred off boat price and the free merchandise and it will even out to where I'll be happier with deal under circumstances.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For reference. Just picked up a new 2020 AR210 with trailer, anchor, safety kit and fenders for $41,000. I didn't push hard on anything to throw in, which as I learn more I should of, although I believe I go a good deal and am happy with it.
Was that OTD price or before the fees.
Thats a great discount if out the door you should of been doing cartwheels

I wish I could move up to the twin engine. My choice would be the 212x. I prefer that engine vs one in AR 210.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I prefer the engine's in the 212x but to get 5-8 mph and spend another 10k give or take I decided not to. I would of liked the 24 footer now, but I haven't been boating in 20 years. Family and work got in the way and life changed. If we really like the boat in 2 years or so we may go to a 242. Plus I heard a rumor that in the next couple years there may be a 24 FSH as well as possible design changes, but just an unsubstantiated rumor from a neighbor down the street who has a 210 FSH, which I don't put much faith in.

That price includes Dealer Prep and Freight Charge, so yes OTD. Since this is the first boat I have purchased since I was in my 20's, I am just figuring it all out again. I am starting to feel the pain though of all the mods though I am ordering.

Maybe I got a good price since I started it in the middle of April when everything was closed and uncertain as well as the Yamaha $2000 discount offer.

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@20SX190 :Welcome: to the forum!!! Lots of good information here in these posts. I started out with a 2015 SX192. Great boat, kept it for 3 years before getting a larger boat. Super easy to maintain and do your own work on. Mods are fun with plenty of room to work in. We all love pictures here so post many and often. Lots of knowledgeable people here to help keep you safe and on the water. Good luck, stay safe and enjoy!!!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes I prefer the engine's in the 212x but to get 5-8 mph and spend another 10k give or take I decided not to. I would of liked the 24 footer now, but I haven't been boating in 20 years. Family and work got in the way and life changed. If we really like the boat in 2 years or so we may go to a 242. Plus I heard a rumor that in the next couple years there may be a 24 FSH as well as possible design changes, but just an unsubstantiated rumor from a neighbor down the street who has a 210 FSH, which I don't put much faith in.

That price includes Dealer Prep and Freight Charge, so yes OTD. Since this is the first boat I have purchased since I was in my 20's, I am just figuring it all out again. I am starting to feel the pain though of all the mods though I am ordering.

Maybe I got a good price since I started it in the middle of April when everything was closed and uncertain as well as the Yamaha $2000 discount offer.
Thankfully probably mods are cosmetic or performance enhancers.
You don't have to worry about going crazy with the SC mods.

The thrust vector and lateral thruster may be on my list depending on how easy maneuverability is on 19 footer along with a sea deck mats.
You know the meaning of B.O.A.T o_O

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum. Try and get the 10 hr service thrown in too.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update:

Just found out boat dealer had front end damage😫
He was able to source other boat from dealer he says 4hrs away.

The final numbers are in for those looking to buy in market of short supply
Boat OTD is $34,476 with galvanized trailer and 5 yr warranty.
Financing for 15 yrs at 3.99 payment is ~$242 a month. An extra 1k DP payment is $234.
My car payment ends in 16 months so those monthly payments will be shaved more than half. I can't stand loans more than 5-6 years
DPF was 599. The difference of $2,377 must be taxes and other dealer fees they waived or discounted.
Gave a 2k deposit with condition I like boat and passes water test. I was reassured deposit was refundable. Used AMEX jik

Was given the CC kit and was able to pry out of their hands oil change kit.
Upcoming upgrades are the dual battery kit, find the bow filler cushion, order the sea deck for lower tier swim platform and are to cover bow and stern pass through.

One more week of waiting for delivery since dealer closes Sunday and Monday.

Thanks all for replies and keep them coming.

Last edited:

mrdubean1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the same boat, 2020 SX190 here in NYS mid April. Like you said, the dealer showed me the boat mid April, we maintained our distance and all the paperwork was done via email/scan. Price was MSRP, but the dealer threw in a coast guard package, life jackets, extra anchor, and safety package as well. I also managed to get him to throw in the Yamaha mooring cover, in which he did. I wasn't leaving without this cover. In April, incentives were the same, but with 2k back, which was nice. I picked up the boat 2 weeks ago, dealer showed me and spend a lot of time going over everything ( I sold my 2012 Bayliner 175 last month). The entire process was smooth. I had to drive 1 1/2 hr to find this model and purchase it. He gave me a temporary registration for the trailer, and the boat will be registered when DMV opens in NYS! In the mean time, I'll wait for a nice day in NY, put it in the water and take the bill of sale with me just in case, in addition to the insurance card.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20SX190, tell me about the "dual battery kit" please. Is this a dealer installed option? I just bought a 2020 AR190. I have not taken delivery yet due to Maryland restrictions, which just got lifted and the dealer doesn't have the premium cover which was included in my deal. Why would I want the dual battery kit and how much does it cost? My boat will be stored in a boatel high and dry rack.

I won't be able to get in thrown in on my deal since I have owned the boat since mid March but I would have it installed on my dime if it's a worthwhile upgrade. Thanks

Theefredo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if you don’t mind me asking where is your credit score when you qualified for the 3.99?

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Question? Anyone get their shipping cover with their boat or did you have to pay for it.
Would the AR fit the SX and what years would I look for. Anyone have one for sale?

20SX190, tell me about the "dual battery kit" please. Is this a dealer installed option? I just bought a 2020 AR190. I have not taken delivery yet due to Maryland restrictions, which just got lifted and the dealer doesn't have the premium cover which was included in my deal. Why would I want the dual battery kit and how much does it cost? My boat will be stored in a boatel high and dry rack.

I won't be able to get in thrown in on my deal since I have owned the boat since mid March but I would have it installed on my dime if it's a worthwhile upgrade. Thanks
Not much to say but peace of mind. You dont have to worry if you run stereo or if you upgraded electrical components.
There are youtube vids showing install and seems straightforward. Dealer denied my request to add it.

4M353x116NoHAjBdiHXBnQ0E4aPE4p99aaD6uMJtDBA1.jpg

if you don’t mind me asking where is your credit score when you qualified for the 3.99?
It was over 760 I think.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I find it funny that the dealer had the balls to say "buying in a market of short supply". I'm sure the amount of people looking to buy a boat now is pretty low and there should be very good deals out there. Negotiating should be easy for a buyer right now, no way I'd pay anywhere near MSRP.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, there are a tremendous amount of people buying boats now. I live in Michigan and the boat dealers are getting over run with new sales over the last couple weeks. They can't keep up and stock is getting very low or sold out on low to upper mid range boats and PWC. I had another Yamaha dealer call me, not the one I purchased from but a dealer I inquired of price a while ago and I told him that I already bought one. For reference I asked him what his AR210 where going for right now and he gave me a price of $5000 over what I paid, firm. From what I understand people are cancelling their family trips to Theme parks, cruises, flights and a lot of destinations and investing in other recreational sports such as boating. We did. And took a small portion of what we got back from cancellations and purchased a new AR210. I have saved an enormous amount of money and putting some of it into the boat and mods which I will have hopefully for many years to come. I should have done this years ago.

Another thing that I have heard is that production of new boats had stalled because of the virus and since people are buying up boats very quickly, at least around here, it has created a high demand which is moving prices up, etc. This may not alleviate itself for a while.

I guess the only thing is that there will be a lot of first time boaters on the water, very soon ..........

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Actually, there are a tremendous amount of people buying boats now. I live in Michigan and the boat dealers are getting over run with new sales over the last couple weeks.
My local ATV, side by side shop says the same thing. I had to make an appointment 3 weeks out for an oil change.

TimmyH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine was just over 33k out the door which included galvanized trailer and 2800 in NYS taxes and registration fees and including shipping/freight plus all required safey stuff. I didnt try much negotiation (I got boat show pricing plus 2k off from Yami). I should have fought a little for store credit or something but I know there isn't much wiggle room on these this time of year.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine was just over 33k out the door which included galvanized trailer and 2800 in NYS taxes and registration fees and including shipping/freight plus all required safey stuff. I didnt try much negotiation (I got boat show pricing plus 2k off from Yami). I should have fought a little for store credit or something but I know there isn't much wiggle room on these this time of year.
Looks to be what others are paying.
Did you get shipping cover included or free?

TimmyH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks to be what others are paying.
Did you get shipping cover included or free?
He threw in shipping cover but after the deal I bought black mooring cover. He took just a little off that.