• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Counting days before delivery did I get a good deal question??????

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Shipping cover should always be included. The boat is wearing it when it comes from the factory.

On my 242, I got deluxe mooring cover, 10hr service, $500 shop credit (I used to cover 1st winterization), and an anchor. he wanted to give me a starter kit with some buoys, jackets, and some other stuff... but I waived that package because I already had my own. I just took the anchor from the kit. Also, had him install a few things for me for free - onboard battery charger (I provided), Stoltz bow roller (I provided) and he was going to install the mount for my grill... but we backed out of that and have changed directions on that slightly. (Going to try to use a table leg mount for the grill this year)

Granted: the 242X is a little pricier... so there may have been a little larger margin to wiggle with.

TimmyH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, the 242x is twice the price of 190 so I'd say you have more room to work with. If I ever go bigger to a 21 or 24 I'll def wheel and deal better

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Arghhhh!
The story continues and so does search

Dealer decided to delay telling me Yamaha has put hold and boat that was coming to me is no longer.:banghead:

I found one hours away and dealer is trying for a trade but still no word.
Will cost $1400 more if dealer can't make trade and I have to go there.

More to come. Damm Covid

Edit: No Boat for me. Will be waiting season out on shore or at my pool until I can get 2021.
Probably have to change screen name now.

Waited for original dealer to get back to me and sure enough someone laid deposit on other boat.
I hate sales people who drag their feet and make up excuses. Wish I hadn't sold ski so early.........

Congrats on anyone out there who scored a boat amid a pandemic, who would of thought.

Last edited:

CokeZero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question? Anyone get their shipping cover with their boat or did you have to pay for it.
Would the AR fit the SX and what years would I look for. Anyone have one for sale?

Not much to say but peace of mind. You dont have to worry if you run stereo or if you upgraded electrical components.
There are youtube vids showing install and seems straightforward. Dealer denied my request to add it.

View attachment 118383

It was over 760 I think.
We just bought ours 2 weeks ago, and I had to WORK to get the dealer to even "sell" me the mooring cover. I love it though. I wasn't gonna close the deal without it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I should of tried that, I am going to order the mooring cover on Monday.