• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Couple drops on a Thursday

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fantastic.. i am envious.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forgive my ignorance, but why the face wraps? COVID thing or fishing thing?

Fish look nice. No idea what they are or if they're impressive, but they're definitely out of the water!

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Fish look nice. No idea what they are or if they're impressive, but they're definitely out of the water!
Very common to use gaiters while fishing the Gulf or Florida coast. They were common before COVID. It keeps you from frying your face when your in the sun all day.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Basically what @NewGuy said. Out on the water the sun hits you from all angles, from above and off the water. Nothing to do with COVID, just protection from the Florida Sun. Fish were decent :)

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Basically what @NewGuy said. Out on the water the sun hits you from all angles, from above and off the water. Nothing to do with COVID, just protection from the Florida Sun. Fish were decent :)
I don’t go out to sea without a gaiter anymore. That Florida Atlantic or Gulf sun will cook you in no time. Way easier than slathering on the SPF 1000. Just hit the nose and forehead and your in business. Glad you had a good haul. Nice boat BTW. How does it handle in the great wide open? I wanted the FSH, but had to compromise with family.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@NewGuy Thank you. It performs pretty well in light to fair chop with calm winds. That day was like 5-7mph winds, 1-2 ft waves with 8 secs in between. So pretty calm. Better in the ICW. I've been in rougher water and it does ok, just have to take it easy. The fishing aspect is great, plenty room, decent livewell and enough rod holders. My family of 3 actually prefers the FSH bc we love to fish! Its not as comfortable as my AR192 but def more versatile. It can do most of the things the 192 could but not the other way around. Attached a few pics.. One is my son Austin on a friends FSH Deluxe with a big Jack he caught.
20210215_111315.jpg 20200829_145141-01 (1).jpegunnamed (12).jpg20201012_095444.jpg

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@JetSet407, Sharp kid with a nice Jack! You're instilling great things in your son. My kids are in their teens now and the fishing trips are some of their best memories and they're always asking for the next run. We found some nice amberjacks this past Thanksgiving outside of Destin and they learned how quickly these "sea donkeys" can wear you down!

Attachments

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@NewGuy Thanks man! Yeah he's stoked about fishing. Hope that keeps him busy later on lol. Nice fish! Let me know when your in the area.. I'm in Central Florida, Orlando. Fish either NSB or St. Pete area.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks man! Awesome; I appreciate that! Can't wait to get back down there once my company lifts our Covid travel ban.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Teach me your ways. I need to grt down to Florida more to fish.. or even to the Ga/SC coast

Good Times

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Wisefam22 :) You definitely do!
Yo, we need to link up. I'm in Seminole County and I just got a 21fsh deluxe and looking to get some fish blood on the deck. Do you fish primarily during the week or weekend?

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Good Times Times Both. Love the weekday. I'll send you a message. Next few weeks tight with work, some weekend classes and a wedding.

Good Times

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Good Times Times Both. Love the weekday. I'll send you a message. Next few weeks tight with work, some weekend classes and a wedding.
Roger dat. Week days works better for me now as well. Like you, I have kids who love to fish so they're excited to start slaying some fish!