• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Couple of Questions......Blower and After Market Amplifier

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wanted to see if anyone has any knowledge on these two items in my new SX240. I was playing around today (too cold and windy to go out) and noticed these two things:

1. When running the Connext System and blower together, when I turn off the blower, the Connext System shuts off. I only had the "party" battery switched to on and the engines were not running. I thought this was kinda strange. The Connext System did reboot after I I turned it back on without the blower running.

2. I had an after-market Rockford-Fosgate amplifier installed and there is some pretty loud "hissing" coming from the speakers at any volume level. It is very noticeable at low volume levels and even when I turn off the stereo altogether. And sometimes I do hear some weird static coming from the speakers when using the Bluetooth mode. I checked the amp and it did not appear that there was any type of dial to adjust the output.

Thanks for any thoughts on these two things.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hmmmm
You might have interference there somewhere.
I would first look for loose connections, especially on the grounds.
Does your static go away or show up with engines running?

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. The static and hissing is still there when the engines are running. Once the music comes on, it covers the static for the most part and sounds good. But when I have the volume really low, you can definitely hear the hissing.

I'll check the connections and see if that helps at all.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Try turning your blower off and see if the static goes away. Mine has that issue with my Wetsounds amp. It is grounded straight to the battery.

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The static remains even if the blower is turned off. You know how sometimes you have your stereo cranked up, but have it in an input that is not playing anything like a cd....you get that louder white noise. That is what it sounds like, but even at a low volume.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Devildog - If you are hearing hissing in the speakers with the radio off this is most likely because the remote turn on wire for the amp is connected to constant +12vdc instead of being connected to the remote turn on wire from the polk head unit (blue wire). As far as hissing with the radio on start by using an aux cord (input at the helm) with the source volume (phone/ipod/etc) turned all the way up, and a high quality locally stored MP3/AAC/FLAC track playing (not pandora, spotify, or other internet radio). This will ensure a good clean source and will help isolate the issue if bluetooth itself was not the issue with the radio on. Given that it sounds like the remote turn on from the head unit was not used it is possible that there are other installer related issues with the amp install but the above is a good starting point.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where is your ground ran to for your amp?