• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Couple of questions

Mark Wo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I own a 2016 ar190. Love the boat and it has provided hours upon hours of fun for our family. I do have a couple of questions I have not seen answered.

1. The clean out hole. I will have to try the suggestions here to go backwards fast, shut off the motor and put in forward. Will try that this season when the boat is back in the water. My question. WE have found it easier to push the weeds to the bottom of the boat verses pulling them out the top. Has anyone ever used any kind of gadget to push the weeds out rather than pulling them out?

2. The bilge pump in my boat has pulled out of its "cradle" and I can't get it back in. The tabs all seem to be in working order I just cant get them pushed down far enough on the cradle to stay in place. So right now, the pump is kind of flopping around and the cradle and a metal screen are still attached to the boat hull. I am thinking there must be a screw holding the crale in place but I can't find it. I am assuming the screw is under the screen but I can't get the screen out. I have not put a lot of force into getting the screen off as I didn't know if I would be wrecking anything.

I am assuming I just have to pull harder to get the screen off the cradle and there will be a screw holding it in place. I don't think I have to remove the cradle to fix the issue as i bet the screen the way it is situated is what is causing me to be unable to push the pump back on the cradle. MAke sense?

So do I just use more force on the screen or am I missing something? Thanks -

Mark

1) No gadget, but a stiff long brush may do the trick. I find slowing down hard and shutting off makes the wake slap the boat and might wash it off without reversing course. Lots to try.

2) I suggest you need more light to see the bilge pump and cradle. It should click into place if there are no obstructions.

1) No gadget, but a stiff long brush may do the trick. I find slowing down hard and shutting off makes the wake slap the boat and might wash it off without reversing course. Lots to try.

2) I suggest you need more light to see the bilge pump and cradle. It should click into place if there are no obstructions.
Yeah, I've had good light down there. I am pretty certain it is the screen that is not allowing the pump to push all the way down onto the cradle. Tabs look good on the cradle and pump. I think the screen came off the bottom of the pump and is hung up on the cradle. I bet if I can remove the screen and fit it back onto the pump it will all fit together again. I just don't know if the screen is supposed to be a part of the pump or cradle and if pump, how hard can I pull on it to get it to come off the cradle? Don't want to wreck anything.

Yes for my “gadget” I used a plastic yard sign stake which could grab things in the intake grate to either pull out of push out. Being lightweight plastic it will float not if but when you drop it unlike a knife.

201DCA83-AEE7-4DA9-A433-C714BAA7E58F.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes for my “gadget” I used a plastic yard sign stake which could grab things in the intake grate to either pull out of push out. Being lightweight plastic it will float not if but when you drop it unlike a knife.
That's a handy idea.

the reverse move works great however you may want to try a plunger on the clean out opening , I did it on the nozzle of p w c's and it worked fine but having a clean out plug hole available may prove to be effective.
And that is another handy idea - wonder if the plunger will still develop pressure as these work best in a sealed area? I suppose you could leave the plug in and plunge the nozzle?

If you do the reverse move correctly it will usually work I remember Johnny-o from the old site said to me many years ago that once I showed him the reverse move he almost never had to remove his clean out plugs , as for the plunger I think it will work at the clean out plug opening because the impeller is in the way of the nozzle creating resistance but there is nothing obstructing the water going back to the intake grate

as for the plunger I think it will work at the clean out plug opening because the impeller is in the way of the nozzle creating resistance but there is nothing obstructing the water going back to the intake grate
Ok that settles it...we'll be buying a colour matched plunger for the boat. Thanks for the idea!
:thumbsup:

I'll need to remember the "reverse move". Sounds like just the thing for any floating weeds sucked up at low speed.

I don't think the normal bilge hold down screw is long enough to go through the screen and plastic cage. If you don't see a screw, there probably isn't one. Use a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the screen out.

Back