• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Courtesy lights in the tower?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I remember a while back when I first started looking at Yamahas and was looking at used ones that some had courtesy lights in the tower. Whatever happened to that? Is there a nice kit to add some? I want to put some more white courtesy lights in my boat over the winter and thought this might be a good spot to get some real amount of light in the boat when needed.

Deven Hallen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine came with them

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah thought the x series came with them in the tower. The ltd's did at some point. may be a 24' option only I guess.
we may need to do the same thing to my 240. Last time I went out at night was fantastic but some additional lights under the tower that I can flip on would be nice for moving about and clean up at the landing.

Also will be doing the trailer LED rope light mod for night recovery and adding some LED lights to the trailer that shine down/out. Dad struggles to back the trailer up at Big Allison landing on lake wylie as there is no where near enough street lights by the ramps so you cannot see the concrete curbs.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Limited S and up come with them, possibly just 24s though.

Last edited:

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone know where they sell replacement bulbs for those lights on 242x tower?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah I guess it is just a 24' thing unfortunately. I'm trying to decide if I want to just add more courtesy lights down in the boat or up on the tower... or both!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I've got a 2014 242LS and have them... I actually want to change the lights out to a colored LED this spring..