• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cover for 2017 242 Series E Bimini

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2017 242 Series E with the large Bimini and solar chargers. I keep the boat in a slip at my dock on Lake Livingston and cover the boat with a Yamaha cover. The bimini is uncovered with this set-up (although under a roof) and gets a pretty good coating of bugs and spider blessings. Doe anyone have any leads or information on a fairly simple slip-on bimini cover to minimize the cleanup here?

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Bump

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That looks nice..... if you have a covered slip. I'm getting a wet slip in the spring (been on a wait list) and need to get something new. I currently just throw a 20x40 tarp on my boat on the trailer.

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They have open air covers for wet slips and trailer situations. A frame is installed above the boat to hold the cover along the installed railing. It covers nearly the entire gel coat unlike nearly every other boat cover on the market.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They have open air covers for wet slips and trailer situations. A frame is installed above the boat to hold the cover along the installed railing. It covers nearly the entire gel coat unlike nearly every other boat cover on the market.
Yeah, but the marina near me doesn't allow frames or anything over the boats so it's all completely open above. I'll message them about a standalone cover to see what the options are.

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Bump - still looking for source for Bimini cover. Would love one for 242 and FSH. They are under a roof at dock and Yamaha cover does great job on boat but tops get dust, pollen and bugs. Any ideas?

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Why not just take the Bimini off? It's not too bad once you have the hang of it. At least that will save the fabric.

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Not a bad idea but we already have a pretty good time commitment with clean-up and other cover. It also leaves the structure, photocells (which I care nothing about) and other stuff exposed. Was hoping for a quick elastic band set-up. Will probably just get one made. Thanks

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
on a 2018, the solar panel is built into the cover, so if you remove the cover, you have to take off the solar panel too and then there's no trickle charge for the batteries while the boat is parked. I've thought about removing it because at some point, the sun and weather are going to destroy the cover.....