• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cracked drain - need replacement part (sinking boat) - 2004 SR230

Ctreacy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
So there I was, fat, dumb and happy! I’d just had the engines tuned up and finally got in the water for the first time. What I didn’t expect was that the rear drain (directly above the drain plug) almost immediately failed as I put the boat in the water. It’s a simple threaded plastic hose-type attachment. Does anyone know what this part is actually called? Extra credit if you also know who might sell one!

Also - you all should be very impressed with your Yamaha MR-1 engines! They were submerged almost to the top and still ran (enough to get me back to the trailer). Wow!
F963F6BA-7F18-4531-ADBC-3DA588B4E80A.jpeg

Attachments

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
SS scupper is needed. You may need to shape it, remove a little on the edge of the flange to fit in the recess. This is what everyone uses.

Amazon may be out of stock, I did not see a price.

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have had water over my oil filters with no repercussions. As long as you didn't get water to the air filters you are probably fine. I would still keep a careful eye on the oil and get that thing dried out. Spray your electrical connections with silicone spray.
Salt water or fresh water?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The engine runs under water until it doesn't. If water enters the air intake while the engine is running you are toast.

Awesome this did not happen, but what you need is a bilge alarm so if it ever happens again (or similar) you won't be surprised and will have as much time as possible to fight.

More bilge pump power buys more time too, but the bilge alarm buys starting to research as early as possible.

Great save.

Ctreacy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I have had water over my oil filters with no repercussions. As long as you didn't get water to the air filters you are probably fine. I would still keep a careful eye on the oil and get that thing dried out. Spray your electrical connections with silicone spray.
Salt water or fresh water?
Unfortunately, it was brackish water so I’m methodically cleaning everything I can think of right now. The air filters were always clear, so I’m hopeful that I have evaded disaster! New scupper valve has been ordered!

Budman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ctreacy.
When you get your new scupper valve, you will want to make a wrench to tighten the nut up when you install it. I used the nut as a template to make the wrench to fit it. I also put a couple of 45 degree bends in the handle part of the wrench so it would clear everything that needed to be cleared to tighten the nut. You will need an extra set of hands to hold the scupper in place from the outside of the boat while you tighten the nut down. You will need the extra set of hands to help line things up and hold things while you tighten. It can be done if you can`t find an extra set of hands to help, but I would recommend having a few beers in arms reach if putting things back together by yourself.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not surprising, they're jet ski engines, and jet ski's flip. Keep water out of the intake and you're good to go.