• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cracks in the anchor locker hatch

Today's saga continuation:

Storms all over around here today, and we had to hit the parade early, so just a little work time on the boat. I went up and took my sanding equipment, rubbing compound, etc. The gel crack filler stuff was all dried, so I wet sanded with a 320 to take off the extra lumps and worked my way down to the 800 grit. It worked ok and looks fair. Turns out that gel filler in the tube does not match the real gel coat color. But, it will do. I polished it up with a little rubbing compound and decided that was good enough.

So, back to the feet. I pre-drilled this time and moved both of the forward feet forward another 1/4" or so. Now they hit the fiberglass below, so that is good.

Then I took my extra feet I bought and went to put them on the hatch so that they would contact the black plastic piece on the ladder. Pre-drilled the one side, screwed in the foot and right when I was putting the last little turn on the screw, it started to poke through the topside of the hatch. Grrrrrr....

So, on to the other side. Pre-drilled that one and... put the drill right through the hatch! @#$#@*@. I had the hole too far forward. Backed it aft a little and re-pre-drilled it. Put in that foot. On the last little turn of the screw, it started to poke through.

Not a good day for me fixing the boat. I sanded up and put more of the crack filler gel goop on the 3 spots, packed up and went home. Guess I will probably be buying a new hatch...

Back