• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CRC Salt terminator

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I stopped into a local boat shop just to check it put and while browsing I saw a CRC product called salt terminator. Guessing it's like salt away I started reading it and long story short the guy says it's good to clean the boat with. Told the guy I have a jet boat that I only use in the lake and he said, fresh water will corrode your engine components same as salt. You should be using it. I'm a noob, there was no sale to me, but any merit to what this guy said?

I would flush it at least once a month with salt away or similar just for calcium build up. I had a issue with my other fresh water 2014 sx210 which was a keep at a marina that did not flush engines after I used it. Long story short that boat needed 2 new engines after 100 hrs only from clogged cooling ports and overheating. I sold it and flush my engines every time with hose at home and salt away every 3rd time. Don't know if it works but can't hurt.

Fresh water contains a high mineral and sediment content. Both are bad for our relatively small cooling passages. I'm not going to say flush with salt a way but you guys should flush after use. A little shot of dawn in the flush out port will do us well also.

Is there some kind of mixing container I can attach between my hose and the boat to fill with soap or something? Kind of like the garden sprayers you attach to your hose and add plant food into until the water runs clear?

Last edited:
Is there some kind of mixing container I can attach between my hose and the boat to full with soap or soemthing? Kind of like the garden sprayers you attach to your hose and add plant food into until the water runs clear?
Why yes there is...https://jetboaters.net/threads/never-again-you-pos-salt-away-dispenser.6043/#post-114617

I would recommend dawn detergent. It's perfectly safe for the water. That's what they use to clean marine life and shoreline after an oil spill.

Back