• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CURRENT YAMAHA INCENTIVES TO MOVE INVENTORY

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are closing on ours on Friday, May 1st and they included the incentives. So hopefully they will do the same for you.
Awesome! That's what my dealer said, but this is my first interaction with them, so haven't quite built up the trust there. So, good to hear that this isn't a situation where they might be trying a bait and switch. He said as long as they had it "registered" by may 10th (guessing in the Yamaha system as state registration won't happen by then), then all would be good. Like I said I have a general distrust of people. I guess trust but verify.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awesome! That's what my dealer said, but this is my first interaction with them, so haven't quite built up the trust there. So, good to hear that this isn't a situation where they might be trying a bait and switch. He said as long as they had it "registered" by may 10th (guessing in the Yamaha system as state registration won't happen by then), then all would be good. Like I said I have a general distrust of people. I guess trust but verify.
"Registered" with Yamaha just means that it's been registered as sold in the yamaha dealer system. So that the dealer gets credit for the sale and gets paid any rebates/incentives, reserve money, and their holdback money.

JetSetter72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wonder what Yamaha's criteria is for "tier A1" credit (in small print in these promotions). Are we talking like 800+ credit score?
I was told the criteria is 780 and over by the dealership I purchased the 210 Sport from.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
"Registered" with Yamaha just means that it's been registered as sold in the yamaha dealer system. So that the dealer gets credit for the sale and gets paid any rebates/incentives, reserve money, and their holdback money.
AH! That makes perfect sense. Which I imagine happens the day I sign on the dotted line. OK, that relieves some pressure.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
AH! That makes perfect sense. Which I imagine happens the day I sign on the dotted line. OK, that relieves some pressure.
It happens faster the closer it gets to the end date of the incentives. :)

Some dealers put it off as long as possible. The sooner they register it, the sooner yamaha expects the floor plan for the unit to be paid off.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So went and picked up my boat today. Incentives had changed and weren't available in the system......They had the same finance offer, so that wasn't a big deal. However, they changed the 5 year warranty to 3. They said well we sold you the 5 year, so we'll just have to eat it. I guess things changed in the system? Sales guy even said in the fine print they have that they had until 5/10 to get it in their system. Hopefully they figure it out cause I know that came outta my sales guy cut, not like the dealership itself was going to eat it. I like that they stuck with it and I walked outta there without any fuss with my 5 year warranty. I have the registration paper stating 5 years, so I feel ok about the whole deal.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like Yamaha's May 31 deadline was legit... the current incentives as of June 1 are minimal. Glad we pulled the trigger this weekend!

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like Yamaha's May 31 deadline was legit... the current incentives as of June 1 are minimal. Glad we pulled the trigger this weekend!
Wow! At first I was bummed that I missed out on the $2k rebate in April but now that I see the crappy June offers, I’m glad I bought in May!

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Me too. I was kicking myself; zero regrets now!

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow! At first I was bummed that I missed out on the $2k rebate in April but now that I see the crappy June offers, I’m glad I bought in May!
You have to understand that just like airlines (normally) they have high season which is June1st to Aug 31st which is summer time and everyone is rushing for summer activities so they don’t need to move as many boats as they need to move them before and after the season is over. Aside from COVID times, best time to buy is Dec to close the year with high numbers, Jan/Feb due to cold months, and Sep/Oct Due to finishing the season but inventory is scarce at the end of the season and with slim picking, you may have to settle for what’s available instead of what you want, however you will gain deep discounts.

Understand the laws and drivers of supply and demand in every purchase category as a consumer and you can save $$$$$ thousands! Understand how each establishment or business operates and when is high and low demands for them, and you will score!