• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom Grill Stanchions Available

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Folks.

This is a mount for a Magma Grill. I made one of these for myself, and posted it on the Yamaha Jet Boat Owners Group on FB, and folks said they would be interested if I made more. So I did. It requires the Magma Pow'rGRIP Pole Mount (Model T10-375) , which allows complete leveling of the grill and will not allow the grill to tip.. I now have a few for sale and will make more if there is demand. This stanchion fits in later model (2014+) that have the wedge shaped slide mount, and is available for either the Port or Starboard side, in unfinished (i.e. you polish, paint, or powder coat), brushed finish, or polished finish. Please note that this stanchion is a smaller diameter than the factory table leg (I also make replacements), so it WILL NOT double as a table mount.

Here's a link to the Port side model: JEWLS Customs Port Grill Stanchion

Let me know if you have any questions.

John

Attachments

Last edited:

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hey Folks.

This is a mount for a Magma Grill. I made one of these for myself, and posted it on the Yamaha Jet Boat Owners Group on FB, and folks said they would be interested if I made more. So I did. It requires the Magma Pow'rGRIP Pole Mount (Model T10-375) , which allows complete leveling of the grill and will not allow the grill to tip.. I now have a few for sale and will make more if there is demand. This stanchion fits in later model (2014+) that have the wedge shaped slide mount, and is available for either the Port or Starboard side, in unfinished (i.e. you polish, paint, or powder coat), brushed finish, or polished finish. Please note that this stanchion is a smaller diameter than the factory table leg (I also make replacements), so it WILL NOT double as a table mount.

Here's a link to the Port side model: JEWLS Customs Port Grill Stanchion

Let me know if you have any questions.

John
Is that a polished finish in the pictures? How much for the finished versions?

Also - it looks like there are several Magma grill models. Will that work with all the rectangle models like this? Adventurer Marine Series Which one is shown in the pictures?

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have polished, brushed, and unfinished options available for the stanchions. This stanchion requires a Magma pole mount that works with any 9x18 Magma rectangular grill.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the diameter the same as the factory table mount?

Sorry just saw you posted it wasn't

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, it not the same. The factory table mount is a non-standard size. If your grill uses the table mount, I can supply a sleeve that will adapt to the OE table mount.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a second table leg but would like it taller thats all. Not really a priority but thank you

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm on the verge of making one of these for myself. Almost this exact same design @HailMary . Great minds thinks alike it appears.

What are you looking at in terms of cost? I'm considering a "flange mount" for a table instead of a grill mount. Any thoughts on light customization such as that?

Thanks in advance!

****EDIT***

Nevermind, I went and looked at that mount from Magma.....I can just use that and screw it to the table I want to use.

Also, I'm hoping to put this griddle on the boat instead of the more expensive Magma gill. I don't need/want the all stainless construction of the Magma's

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm on the verge of making one of these for myself. Almost this exact same design @HailMary . Great minds thinks alike it appears.

What are you looking at in terms of cost? I'm considering a "flange mount" for a table instead of a grill mount. Any thoughts on light customization such as that?

Thanks in advance!

****EDIT***

Nevermind, I went and looked at that mount from Magma.....I can just use that and screw it to the table I want to use.

Also, I'm hoping to put this griddle on the boat instead of the more expensive Magma gill. I don't need/want the all stainless construction of the Magma's
I have that griddle as part of my outdoor kitchen and while its awesome it is very heavy. So watch how you will support it. The cast iron griddle weights a lot

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have that griddle as part of my outdoor kitchen and while its awesome it is very heavy. So watch how you will support it. The cast iron griddle weights a lot
Yea, I figured the weight might be an issue. Coleman has a tailgate style grill that isn't quite as massive that I have considered as well.

Man it's hard to stomach a $500 grill for the boat from Magma, no matter how nice they are.

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the main issue with all of this is the OD of the factory tube. If you look close at the table leg, you'll see that the end where the table meets with the black plastic mount is actually shrunk down from the main tube. It's very subtle, but you can verify with a set of calipers. This is a non standard size (about 2-1/16th). This is why it's not as simple as just buying a tube, welding it up and attaching it to the table mount. It will be terribly loose. The Magma pole mount also will not expand to the ID of the facty pole - it is limited to 1-15/16" ID which is exactly the ID of a 2" thin wall tube.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, I figured the weight might be an issue. Coleman has a tailgate style grill that isn't quite as massive that I have considered as well.

Man it's hard to stomach a $500 grill for the boat from Magma, no matter how nice they are.
500 bucks. I got my magma cabo grill from west marine on sale for 99 bucks quite a few years ago still looks and cooks like new

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have polished, brushed, and unfinished options available for the stanchions. This stanchion requires a Magma pole mount that works with any 9x18 Magma rectangular grill.
So it's the same price for the polished version? I checked the link but I see no options to select for the finishes, how do I order the polished version?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Putting one in the cart now.

FYI @HailMary , you might want to update this part of your website. Still has [yournamehere] in the lower bullet point. :)

Screenshot_20201008-063957.png

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So the main issue with all of this is the OD of the factory tube. If you look close at the table leg, you'll see that the end where the table meets with the black plastic mount is actually shrunk down from the main tube. It's very subtle, but you can verify with a set of calipers. This is a non standard size (about 2-1/16th). This is why it's not as simple as just buying a tube, welding it up and attaching it to the table mount. It will be terribly loose. The Magma pole mount also will not expand to the ID of the facty pole - it is limited to 1-15/16" ID which is exactly the ID of a 2" thin wall tube.
Different mount system on my boat, but I used 2" S.S. tubing, left over from building a milk pipeline. The tubing slip fits nicely into the factory table legs. The magma mount fits perfectly inside the 2" tubing, not pipe. Seen in my avatar to the left.

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Different mount system on my boat, but I used 2" S.S. tubing, left over from building a milk pipeline. The tubing slip fits nicely into the factory table legs. The magma mount fits perfectly inside the 2" tubing, not pipe. Seen in my avatar to the left.
Yepper - you have the older style floor mount, but it sounds like Yamaha used the odd size even back then!

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it's the same price for the polished version? I checked the link but I see no options to select for the finishes, how do I order the polished version?
It's there - under the COLOR option. I'll change that on the site to say FINISH.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yepper - you have the older style floor mount, but it sounds like Yamaha used the odd size even back then!
Yes, Yamaha used Springfield pedestals and mounts then. Non-Locking Posts

I believe our 2 are 29" and 13".

Last edited:

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
It's there - under the COLOR option. I'll change that on the site to say FINISH.
Thank you... order placed for a polished. What kind of timeline for delivery typically?

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you... order placed for a polished. What kind of timeline for delivery typically?
Will try to get it shipped by the end of the week. They're all made to order.