• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Custom gunnel molding covers?

Until you get a proper fix @Impelled you could take a short piece of black irrigation line, split it, countersink the holes and install it. That should hold you till some nice machineist here makes some.

I love the logo idea, or maybe Jetboaters.net or Boat Name or....... :)

You could have the stainless steel one personalized with your initials. That way when it gets real hot and somebody dangles their leg over it they get your initials emblazoned in the back of their leg.

You could have the stainless steel one personalized with your initials. That way when it gets real hot and somebody dangles their leg over it they get your initials emblazoned in the back of their leg.

I love it!!!

The convex ends will create 4 sharper points than convex ends, and why they don't just put a rectangular piece on there I am guessing. The oval piece has less edges to grab you getting up/down. But it ain't as styling', bro...
Not sure I follow. The first pic by Impelled is convex with no sharp corners. (=)
The stainless one Yamaha uses is concave and has 4 pointy corners. )=(
The black plastic one on my boat is rectangular |=|

Not sure I follow. The first pic by Impelled is convex with no sharp corners. (=)
The stainless one Yamaha uses is concave and has 4 pointy corners. )=(
The black plastic one on my boat is rectangular |=|
Let's see, I had an off day I think! I reversed convex and concave, AND I completely missed the stock ends on both of my boats!

That one that Cane.MBA posted is the one I got, from Greatlakeskipper... The edges were sharp....so with some small grinding and emery cloth....it's all polished smooth. Installed yesterday.

Took me a minute to find this thread....

That one that Cane.MBA posted is the one I got, from Greatlakeskipper... The edges were sharp....so with some small grinding and emery cloth....it's all polished smooth. Installed yesterday.
Hmmm, that's a bummer, I ordered a few of those the other day to replace my OEM one which never really fit that well because of the style of rub rail on this model.. Guess I better dust off the grinder. I ordered that style because it looked like the extra bump or hump it has on it looked like it would fit better than the standard one. How'd it work out for you? Pics?

Fits okay.....not perfect, but close enough for me. That middle hump is a little small to fit over the rubber rub rail part. I'll take a pic tomorrow when I get the boat back home, if I can figure out how to post it.

Fits okay.....not perfect, but close enough for me. That middle hump is a little small to fit over the rubber rub rail part. I'll take a pic tomorrow when I get the boat back home, if I can figure out how to post it.
Thanks. Its super easy to post pics using the "Upload File" button next to the "Post Reply" button. You can even upload it straight off your phone! Love this new forum software :winkingthumbsup"

Glad it worked!

Back