• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom Kill Switch

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, My kill switch failed for the second time. I was able to revive it last time it failed, but, alas, all things come to an end, and it was the end of the end.

I was highly intrigued by the FELL option, but the higher cost, larger hole required and a few bad reviews of reliability issues after some time (2-3 years of use) I decided to look at more low tech options. I purchased a Saf-T-Stop, like this one.

These things are very large and also require a very significant hole on the boat. It turns out I also bough the wrong model wired in reverse of what I needed, and I could not turn the switch around. So I 3d printed a replacement that allowed me to screw on the toggle switch from underneath, meaning no giant hole required, and I did not need to return the Saf-T-stop. It turns out the Saf-T-stop is just a 2 pole single throw switch with a fancy plastic shroud to trip it when you pull the lanyard.

It turns out this is a bit taller than I like, and I can rub against it when in full reverse...so I was toying with the idea of making my own replacement for the kill switch, in a similar design to the original. I think I have a decent prototype, will try to install over the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's been 3 weekends and so far so good. No complaints.
If you want to make your own version of this contraption, here are the files: