• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dale Hollow Lake, KY/TN border

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We spent last weekend camping on a point on beautiful Dale Hollow. For those of you who might not know, Dale Hollow is located just south of Lake Cumberland. The top portion of the lake is in Kentucky, and the lower portion is in Tennessee. The Army Corps of Engineers operates over 70 designated campsites that cost around $3 per night to rent, info here; http://goo.gl/DRPK7D

Being from the northern part of Kentucky, we hear tons of people talking about Lake Cumberland and even Norris Lake, TN, but very seldom have I heard Dale Hollow mentioned. The lake has a rock bottom which makes it SUPER clear and clean looking. There are some very deep areas, and some pretty shallow points. The campsite that we stayed at was just outside of Star Point Resort. The people at Star Point were very nice and allowed us to launch our boat and park our truck and trailer on their property without any fees. We repaid them by making sure to get all of our fuel and ice from them.

The lake was fairly busy on Saturday, but not overwhelmingly so. By Sunday afternoon the place had cleared out and we practically owned the lake on Monday and Tuesday. On Monday we went to a place called the cliffs, and the kids enjoyed jumping off the rocks into the water. They have cliff ledges from 6ft all the way up to about 40ft off the water, so there was something for all ages.

If you enjoy boating, clear water, and camping, this could be a great place to take your next vacation.

My favorite picture from the trip was after we tied the boat up on Sunday night.

my favorite 20160710_210452.jpg

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
a group of friends and myself rent a house boat for 7 days every year on Dale Hollow. Have for the last 9 years. We have people from Ohio, N Carolina, Montana, Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas, Cali, Maryland, and 2 from Canada. Thats our yearly trip. Know that lake like the back of my hand!

Best place to rent a houseboat on a cost vs what you get, Wolf River. Sulfur Creek has the newest and nicest, but cost way more.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Go there every summer. Great Lake. Always clean and clear. We stay at the state park lodge and rent a slip at the marina.