• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dang this new 212X is expensive

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought our ’17 212X about a month ago now and have already bought:
1) Steering System: Cobra Magnum AK with Fangs
2) SeaDec matts from Jet Boat Pilot
3) Boat registration numbers from Jet Boat Pilot
4) Throttle Sync from Jet Boat Pilot
5) SportStuff 4K Booster Ball for the kidos

To do list:
5) Boat buckles for trailer
6) more beer to aid in installation of all accessories!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

To do list:
B reak O ut A nother T housand S ucker

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm surprised the trailer doesn't have boat buckles on it. My 2012 came with them, my 2008 did not.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm pretty disappointed in the trailer, honestly. The winch is OK, the tongue jack is terrible, and the taillights are the old fashioned bulb types. The 1st issue I have from those taillights, they're getting swapped out to LED. SMH.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

To do list:
The only necessary in my mind are 5 and 6!

Emily

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New to the forum but just purchased the '17 212x in Tennessee

I was curious which SeaDeck mats you purchased as I saw the Engine & Bow Step combo but it appeared to be for the '16 model & was afraid it wouldn't fit the newer model. Also wondered if yours came with a rack. We like to kneeboard & ski and will be new to this surfing thing but wondered if the rack was thick enough to hold kneeboard or is it thin for wakeboards & surf skates? Many thanks.

Just beginning to learn all about these jetboats and realizing now we may need a money tree out back.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm pretty disappointed in the trailer, honestly. The winch is OK, the tongue jack is terrible, and the taillights are the old fashioned bulb types. The 1st issue I have from those taillights, they're getting swapped out to LED. SMH.
while your playing with your wires don't forget to add another $50 for this feature: https://jetboaters.net/threads/landing-strip-led-lights-on-the-trailer.6307/

I had to replace my winch last year, those things are low hanging fruit to help the Manufacture keep cost down.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @Emily and congrats on the purchase of the X! It is a great boat and you will really love it. It isn't unlike anything new to you in life, there is a learning curve to what works best. You will find that if you have bought any model of boat out there and wanted to get into the wake sports, you would face the same learning curve. This boat however, will give you not only the fun of that sport, but provide an excellent platform to enjoy a vast variety of other boating adventure without the need of worrying about expensive running gear under the boat. Add your zip code to the member map and keep us posted on your adventures...and...welcome once again!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I guess I need to go check out the trailers on the new boats. The older MFI that was the trailer for years for Yamaha had all sorts of problems we solved and had to mod to correct. The newer Shorelandr was a great trailer IMO and was under my 2012 SX240. All trailers have issues but the big ones were just non existent on the Shorelandr. That said, a few felt the trailer was overloaded for the tires installed, and that took a change. I never had an issue with mine, maybe because the SX was lighter than the 242? But mine also had LED trailer lights, ratcheting transom straps, and a solid bow stop post that didn't allow movement. I did have to replace a buckboard last year, but that is just maintenance. I did feel the jack was too lightweight but it did the job. The winch was also just fine, unless you wanted to winch the boat in, then it was MUCH too lightweight. The trailer is a powerloading trailer, so the winch wasn't chosen to have pull power, just hold power. Just like the boat, the trailer offered opportunity to modify it to make it work better for what you want from it, but it works well for many with very few improvements. I would however change the bow roller before you tow it once.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
....which SeaDeck mats you purchased as I saw the Engine & Bow Step combo but it appeared to be for the '16 model & was afraid it wouldn't fit the newer model.
I bought them through jetboatpilot.com for the '17 model. I attached the diagram - hopefully it'll work on the site here. On their site, there's diagrams of each boat. I actually stumbled upon a label error on the '17 212X's diagram a couple weeks back, so they may have removed it to fix the error. I bought 2XA, 2XC, 5X, 2, 7X, 1X, 15, 4XB, 4XA sets. They fit perfectly and are super sticky. I ended up not using some pieces from the bow and stern sets because I think it would look too busy: 4XC, 2XC. Unfortunately, those pieces came in the sets, so I was forced to buy them anyway. It looks really good!

Also wondered if yours came with a rack. We like to kneeboard & ski and will be new to this surfing thing but wondered if the rack was thick enough to hold kneeboard or is it thin for wakeboards & surf skates?
Mine came with 2 identical combo racks from the factory, but our knee board and Zup board wouldn't fit in either. My dealer, Tims Ford Powersports was cool enough to swap 1 of the factory racks for a Monster knee board rack, which fits either of my 2 boards, so I'm good. I actually took the other factory rack off the boat altogether because I don't have a surf board or a wake board to put in it yet and it creates a clearance issue when trying to garage the boat.

Attachments

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New to the forum but just purchased the '17 212x in Tennessee

I was curious which SeaDeck mats you purchased as I saw the Engine & Bow Step combo but it appeared to be for the '16 model & was afraid it wouldn't fit the newer model. Also wondered if yours came with a rack. We like to kneeboard & ski and will be new to this surfing thing but wondered if the rack was thick enough to hold kneeboard or is it thin for wakeboards & surf skates? Many thanks.

Just beginning to learn all about these jetboats and realizing now we may need a money tree out back.
Hi Emily, I had to purchase a new rack for my surf board. My 212x is a 2009, not sure what tower you have on the newer model. I purchased the rack from
http://www.diywake.com/wakeboard-tower-racks I currently do not see the model I purchased.

The seadeck mat I purchased from @JetBoatPilot or jetboatpilot.com, contact Will Owen there and he will walk you thru the steps and optional mats. he runs a group-buy on occasion and stands behind his products with conviction.

Gilbert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have had my 212LS for about 3 months now and yeah not to happy with the trailer, need to invest in more lighting because night traveling is rough when you can barley see where the trailer is. The roller is the hardest plastic around and always leaves scuff marks on the front of my boat. And the strap situation is also the worse I've seen, the eyelids to strap to on the trailer have bent from mr putting even the slightest tension the straps.

Also got the seadeck kit which has been by far the best thing I've done for the boat. Other than my trailer issues I have no other complaints regarding the boat itself. Amazing power and reliability and for being a 21 foot jet boat it handles like a sports car.

Originally when I had bought the boat the dealer broke the wakeboard tower during the "how to use your boat" intro and it was a hastle trying to get it replaced. Overall it took about 3 months before I got my replacement tower but yamaha stepped in and gave me a free boat cover for the inconvenience so I'm very thankful for that. Yamaha customer service is the best around and they will do anything to keep the consumers happy. A+ would recommend yamaha products to anyone and everyone. They sell them selves

30e3230a-57ff-4474-992f-28582785df11.jpg
9d405dfd-3fc6-4f12-a596-2c25b9dbe7ec.jpg

20170621_160745.jpg

20170621_160733.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@GoVols01 the best thing to do is to delete your account on here and never return :p. We will spend your money suggesting mods like there's no tomorrow :D

:Welcome: to boating!

Emily

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought them through jetboatpilot.com for the '17 model. I attached the diagram - hopefully it'll work on the site here. On their site, there's diagrams of each boat. I actually stumbled upon a label error on the '17 212X's diagram a couple weeks back, so they may have removed it to fix the error. I bought 2XA, 2XC, 5X, 2, 7X, 1X, 15, 4XB, 4XA sets. They fit perfectly and are super sticky. I ended up not using some pieces from the bow and stern sets because I think it would look too busy: 4XC, 2XC. Unfortunately, those pieces came in the sets, so I was forced to buy them anyway. It looks really good!

Mine came with 2 identical combo racks from the factory, but our knee board and Zup board wouldn't fit in either. My dealer, Tims Ford Powersports was cool enough to swap 1 of the factory racks for a Monster knee board rack, which fits either of my 2 boards, so I'm good. I actually took the other factory rack off the boat altogether because I don't have a surf board or a wake board to put in it yet and it creates a clearance issue when trying to garage the boat.

So helpful! Thanks for info on the mats. The site was a little confusing so I'll use your info as my guide.

I actually talked with Chas at Tims Ford a couple weeks back but he had sold their 212x. They couldn't have been nicer. I'm working with Anderson Marine but will check with them on a different rack size. This boat is a big upgrade in power from our Hurricane Deck boat and it's important to me to keep the cabin area free of boards if possible. I've stubbed my toe one too many times on the end of a fin.

I'm looking into the Cobra Magnum AK you suggested & have been researching a wedge. We are picking it up later today so want to run a few times first to see how it handles. The surf thing would be completely new to us but might be fun for our 8 yr old son & his friends to try....hoping we wouldn't have to invest in a wedge right off the bat. The folks at Anderson had an Inland Curl that attached to the side of the boat that was suppose to help the wake/ It was around $100 so thought that might be the first place to start before investing the big bucks.....the boat was enough!!!

Sure appreciate the advice.....Happy Boating.

Emily

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi Emily, I had to purchase a new rack for my surf board. My 212x is a 2009, not sure what tower you have on the newer model. I purchased the rack from
http://www.diywake.com/wakeboard-tower-racks I currently do not see the model I purchased.

The seadeck mat I purchased from @JetBoatPilot or jetboatpilot.com, contact Will Owen there and he will walk you thru the steps and optional mats. he runs a group-buy on occasion and stands behind his products with conviction.

Super helpful! I'll check 0ut that rack.....appreciate the link!