• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dashboard Backlight Question

BrandonC_OK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saturday we took some friends out tubing and wakeboarding then grabbed dinner at the local marina and when it was time to trailer the boat it was after sunset. This was my first time to have the boat out after dark and I was happy that all of the lights worked! All of my instruments had backlights except for the fuel gage. That isn't a big deal but if anyone knows how to fix I may do so. On each of the tachometers, all three of the red warning lights were slightly lit at the bottom. They weren't as bright as when they are simultaneously flashing during Wake Mode. I'm assuming this is normal and there is nothing to worry about but just wanted to check. See pic below but iPhone camera makes it look like we had much more light than we did.

Also - last time out I had a shudder when turning hard to port. Using the search feature, the consensus was to check to see if the gate was blocking the jet nozzle on the port engine. Sure enough, it was. The video from Jeff's Jetboat YouTube made for a quick and easy adjustment and yesterday no more shudder. This site is awesome!!

I have one more question, looks like I might have a chance to upgrade to an immaculate 2008 AR230 HO for about $5k-$8k more than what I could get out of my 2005 AR230 which is in good but not great shape. I don't remember seeing a good comparison of year over year changes. If anyone has one, please share. From pictures I can see lots of smaller upgrades. Another option is to get a bit newer 240/242 for a $10k-$15k upgrade.

Thanks. B

Attachments

• IMG_3167.jpg
    IMG_3167.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 3
I believe you will find a blown bulb that can be replaced from the back of the fuel gauge.

As for early 230 vs late 230 vs early 240 the late 230 has more freeboard, height above the water, and a useable head compartment but loses the access to the spaces beside the engines. The early 240 moved to 1.8 liter engines that are less reliable and built from cheaper parts with a thinner hull. A well engineered hull but each 2010+ generation gets a thinner hull. Personally I prefer the hand laid 2007 to 2009 hulls to the robot hulls.

Back