• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Date Night!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So the wife and I were in need of a kid free date night. We dropped the kids off at grandmas and put the boat in where we normally do in Swansboro NC at about 5:45pm and proceeded to make the trip to Morehead City NC. I've boated in Morehead before, but never made the trek on the boat. First of all, aboit 15 minutes into the trip, I noticed several boats hanging around right in the ICW. Once we got closer, we could see that a 17ft skiff was going around in circles with no one on it. Apparently, two women were drunk and it threw them off. Luckily, they were not injured, but it was entertaining watching the fire department circle with the boat while a brave soul jumped on. Made it to Morehead and just enjoyed what was left of the sunlight. We docked at the public docks and went to eat at one of the local favorites on the waterfront. We finished eating at about 9:30 and while we were walking back to our boat, we both commented on how dark it was. I had looked at the moon calender, and thought it said that there would be a half moon.....well I was wrong. All I can say is PITCH BLACK! That was one of the freakiest things I have ever done. I literally made the hour ride back home looking mostlyat the GPS. I had my route tracer on, so I just stayed on the line that it drew on the way there. Every time a channel marker started to show up on the screen, I would hit my spotlight to get a visual, and keep on going. It was kindly scary, but exciting at the same time. We ended up getting back to Swansboro, but did some more cruising and anchored for a while. I think we pulled the boat out at 12:45am. We had a great time and are already trying to find another weekend to do it.20140718_193035.jpg
IMG_101117078165476.jpeg

Last edited:

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a awesome evening !!! Me and my wife need to do that !!!