• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DB651 Damaged

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of my Polk DB651 speakers started putting out barely audible sound this weekend. I thought it was quiet so I isolated it and there was almost nothing coming out at all. I pulled it to see if there were any visible issues and one of the coil's wires had broken from it's soldered location.
Does anyone who knows more about speakers than I do know if I can just solder this back in place and put the speaker back in? Is there anything more to this?
I've already soldered it but would rather not screw up anything electrical and set my boat on fire.

Thanks!x107DB651-b.jpeg

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As long as you did not bridge anything except for the intened solder point or overheat anything you are fine.

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Mainah . I was careful so hopefully it will be okay. I'm going out on the boat tonight so I'll plug it back in and see.